Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
For layout, just make the black accent pieces orange.

Their layout perfectly complements the SS styling.

I'm going to paint or wrap mine in metallic gold.
I tend to agree with Noah. I think the black accent striping should be a brighter color and maybe on my part have some graphics on it.

I really like the "X" design in the slingshot already. The Black inserts on the red SS Contrast and I think it looks better where the black stripes on the gray blend but need to contrast. At least that is my thinking right now.

I know one thing from the comments of those who have them already I will be wet sanding all the clear and recoating with PPG 3000. From what I have read Polaris is using a very soft clearcoat!

Now if they would just ship to southern Illinois so I can get one!

Reactions: MrWinn

·
Registered
686 Posts
On second thought, seeing that parts of the stripes are directly in front of the seats makes me think that it could be be blinding at times.

Now I'm thinking a smoky metallic bronze.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Grabbing the attention of oncoming traffic turning in front of me, is a big goal. With the Red SL its not as big an issue, but this baby blends into the tar., in a cool way. I am adding a push button strobe too, that should help!

ss.jpg

·
Registered
686 Posts
Good idea.

Does it strobe the headlights or separate ones?

Actually how about a pushbutton interrupt switch that wires in series with the headlight relay.

Strobing can be obnoxious and annoy people, and a few blinks ought to be enough to get to get their attention.

Or maybe just a slower strobe frequency.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good idea.

Does it strobe the headlights or separate ones?

Actually how about a pushbutton interrupt switch that wires in series with the headlight relay.

Strobing can be obnoxious and annoy people, and a few blinks ought to be enough to get to get their attention.

Or maybe just a slower strobe frequency.

Yes this would be a separate small strobe bar. Just to hit a short flash when it looks to be needed to remind them to not to pull out, when I am at higher speeds. I like your wire to head lights idea too.

·
Registered
686 Posts
On second thought, seeing that parts of the stripes are directly in front of the seats makes me think that it could be be blinding at times.

Now I'm thinking a smoky metallic bronze.
On further thought, a deep metallic red would have more pizazz and be less blinding.

Would also say "inverse you" to the red ones :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts