Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 2 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Thank you for your time. I would appreciate any specific and transparent response.
Sincerely,
Just to make it clear SlingKing, It angers me when anyone has been left frustrated for lack of communication, whether it's Polaris or a Polaris Dealership. I can try and offer my opinion on a couple of items.

1-2) Polaris is not or would not sell units to any dealer that have not been sold or better phrased ordered. Being the end user we of course see this differently, but Polaris does not sell product directly to the end user. They have two customers us and first and foremost their dealers. Before any product gets shipped the dealers first have to place a order. The first round of orders delivered were to dealers that placed orders during the Slingshot reveal in July. At that time they decided to be a Slingshot participating dealer and chose 2 or 3 units for demos or sales, their choice. At that time they also had to order their display, accessories, tooling, etc.
Now after the initial first round (demo) orders have been completed they will start shipping the units that dealers have pre-sold. Polaris has suggested that the majority of these will still be delivered before the end of the year.

3) This doesn't bother me, only they know what is going on behind the scenes. It obviously did not hurt them because the Slingshot has blown away all of their projections so far.

4-5) Because again, their ordering customer is the dealer. Why can Kip give information others can't seem to find? Yet they all have the same information. My dealer really didn't care about the Slingshot specifically, they were more concerned with selling product that was on the show floor, so I to relied on the forum for most of my shipping info.

6) I personally could care less what the "professionals" think of the Slingshot. I base my opinion more on user reviews and my own personal desires, so this doesn't bother me either.

I hope this helps a little.:)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
At the moment they do not need the blessing of a "pro" to sell more. In time the "pro's" will get their hands on them, do the usual comparisons to other vehicles in categories the SS does not even play in and post up detailed numbers and analysis. This will help inform the masses that have no idea what the SS is or what it does.
Well said, and just to dig a little deeper on that point, what are they suppose to compare it to? We kind of got a glimpse of that in the Motorcycle.com shootout video. The Slingshot is a completely different machine, and in a class of it's own!:)

1 - 2 of 12 Posts