Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed steering wheel to remedy the clicking noise coming from beneath
1 - the clock spring has three little prongs ( feet) on the bottom - do these fit into the steering-wheel sensor mounted behind ( below) it ????
2 - its seems that the Steering-wheel sensor moves up & down & sideways when turning the steering wheel
Is-This-Normal ?

....................tom n carol

·
Registered
544 Posts
I am doing some research on this clock spring issue. I'll have more info within a week, once me and my car mechanic fully evaluate.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Removed steering wheel to remedy the clicking noise coming from beneath
1 - the clock spring has three little prongs ( feet) on the bottom - do these fit into the steering-wheel sensor mounted behind ( below) it ????
2 - its seems that the Steering-wheel sensor moves up & down & sideways when turning the steering wheel
Is-This-Normal ?

....................tom n carol
I've slept a night or two since I replaced my clock spring, but from the best of my recollection, it was either very obvious that one or more of the three nubs on the back of the clock spring fit into a slot or detent on the part behind it, or it didn't matter. I checked my notes and photo archives and apparently didn't take (or keep) a picture of what was behind the clock spring.

I had centered the steering wheel before I started the disassembly and didn't move it during the process. As I remember, I just mounted the new clock spring on the bracket, installed the two screws, and plugged the cable into the connector on the lower back. The recess the steering wheel hub fits into was positioned pretty close to where it needed to be, so I pulled out the locking pin and reinstalled the steering wheel (using the alignment marks I had made before taking it off). There isn't really a spring inside, it refers to the way the ribbon cable inside is coiled similar to the mainspring on a windup clock. The pin keeps the cable centered within its range of rotation until it is installed.

I didn't mess with the angle sensor. I think it does have some "float" within the limits of its retainer as you turn the wheel. Are you sure you aren't looking at the turn signal latch? It moves around quite a bit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok, so I bought a used 2016 SS and the previous owner installed an Assault hub and removable steering wheel however for whatever reason he installed a push button switch underneath the steering wheel column for the horn.
I took the hub apart and there is not steering wheel clock and the angle sensor is not in place spinning freely which is probably why my traction control light keeps coming on

can anyone post pictures on how the assembly is suppose to look like and point me in the right direction to buy a new steering wheel clock ?

any help will be greatly appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts