Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new owner here, and looking at suspensions.
why are there not "triple rate springs" shocks as I come ftom on the off road segment the provide low speed and high speed handling.
Does this not work for the SS.
I had "ElKA". Triples on a quad it was the best...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wondering sure someone is smarter than me.
Triple rates did it alll, low speed handling comfort,then progressed, to the. More spirited riding just st don't understand on the SS....

·
Registered
573 Posts
If someone who knows does not answer I would contact JRI as they know shocks well and since they do shocks for both 4 wheels and two and in different mediums and would know the answer.
You could also let us know what they say. I have contacted JRI on numerous occasions and they have always answered my questions. All their shocks are put on dynes prior to selling so they know rates and what works and what does not. Perhaps Bilstein could do the same or one of the other top shock makers but since I have JRI have only contacted them...Their number is on their website...

·
2,333 Posts

Much shorter suspension travel wouldn't take advantage of a triple rate spring, even dual rate springs are a compromise but then again, they need the travel to effectively use a multi rate range ... better to tune the single rate spring and compression/rebound to optimize it for the Slingshot .... off road long travel suspensions are a different animal ....

I would also disagree, for road use I would rather have a predictable, repeatable, single rate spring that is correct rather than a multi rate that attempts to do many things that with a quality road use shock is better handled with internal damping ....

...... :bag:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts