Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the halos from slingmods which have a yello face to them. I have seen halos with a white face and I'm wondering where I can buy these from

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I have the halos from slingmods which have a yello face to them. I have seen halos with a white face and I'm wondering where I can buy these from
I'm not sure if @SlingMods has other types available.........

You probably already know this, so at the risk of sounding silly, the lights will be bright white when they're on.
I'm saying that just in case you haven't yet installed them and you thought they'd glow yellow.

Judging by the wheel in your avatar, I'm guessing you might have a white color scheme and you want to lights to match when they're off?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm aware of the color when there turned on but I'm talking about when there off. When off the ring color is yellow. I have seen some pics when the sling is off the ring color is white. It looks way more clean and I'm wondering if anyone knows where to get them?

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Just a guess here....

Maybe the yellow tint ones are RGB and the other set were only white.

My RGBs have a yellow tint to them.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Hello mlamarco, our original halo kits were very yellow, The mfg released a version two a few months ago and are more of a yellow / black. The yellow is a phosphor coating. The phosphor coating converts some of the blue light into yellow light to emit the proper color profile for street use. The newer halo's still contain some yellow but are better looking that the original series. If you have the original series and would like to get the new ones.. please PM me and I'll provide you with a heavy discount on the new series.

Thanks,
Keith

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can the RGB be used as the standard halo look? I mean only difference should be the color change correct? I'm just wondering if I can eliminate the halos and get the same visual effect with the RGB.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Can the RGB be used as the standard halo look? I mean only difference should be the color change correct? I'm just wondering if I can eliminate the halos and get the same visual effect with the RGB.
I will chime in here since this is actually our goodies. The short answer is yes, however the RGB Halos cannot produce a "true" white. It RGB generates white by mixing colors, so people that are striving for that super bright white LED halo effect may not be happy with just the RGB. Many people run both together and we design them to both work together. Ben

1 - 14 of 14 Posts