Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2021 Slingshot R Limited Edition (automatic). I noticed an odd sound when it goes into 2nd or 3rd gear. Not grinding or vibrating, almost like a hum, coming from the rear. My brother said it sounds like it could be the belt. I'm going to take it to the dealership tomorrow but thought I would ask here if anyone has experienced this. Could be normal, I just don't know.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just got a 2021 Slingshot R Limited Edition (automatic). I noticed an odd sound when it goes into 2nd or 3rd gear. Not grinding or vibrating, almost like a hum, coming from the rear. My brother said it sounds like it could be the belt. I'm going to take it to the dealership tomorrow but thought I would ask here if anyone has experienced this. Could be normal, I just don't know.
Get some DRY LUBE spray and spray the belt edge at the rear sprocket. Have someone slowly drive forward as you spray the belt edge. Then take it for a ride and see if the noise is gone. Works on my belt and a dealer tech is the one that told me about it.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Get some DRY LUBE spray and spray the belt edge at the rear sprocket. Have someone slowly drive forward as you spray the belt edge. Then take it for a ride and see if the noise is gone. Works on my belt and a dealer tech is the one that told me about it.
It also just may be your angle drive breaking itself in, where it tends to be a bit noisy at first, but as you put more miles on your SlingShot it will quiet down over time.

Bill

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It also just may be your angle drive breaking itself in, where it tends to be a bit noisy at first, but as you put more miles on your SlingShot it will quiet down over time.

Bill
I was thinking it could just be because it's new also. Thank you!

·
Registered
71 Posts
sometimes the right angle transmission can have a "Wining" noise. We use them in manufacturing equipment so I am used to it. Get a good quality set of tunnel mats. You would be surprised how much noise they cut down

1 - 6 of 6 Posts