Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here (hi) since I got an SL yesterday. My wife and I were Xmas shopping when we came across this thing in traffic and followed it to the dealer. I'd been interested based on internet info but didn't expect to drop the hammer. In person is way different than pix.

After the fastest purchase transaction ever (trying to beat sunset) I had a 60 mile ride home - good thing I had a heavy coat! Anyway, I'm a tall guy and it seems I would benefit from 3 or 4 more inches of windscreen. Anyone aware of an option for this?

Thanks, in advance. I'm very much looking forward to discussion, especially when boost options are readily available and thoroughly vetted.

Reactions: FC Slingshot

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
First, congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum!
Right now there is nothing taller than what you have but I expect to see Polaris or aftermarket taller windshields in the near future.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
New member here (hi) since I got an SL yesterday. My wife and I were Xmas shopping when we came across this thing in traffic and followed it to the dealer. I'd been interested based on internet info but didn't expect to drop the hammer. In person is way different than pix.

After the fastest purchase transaction ever (trying to beat sunset) I had a 60 mile ride home - good thing I had a heavy coat! Anyway, I'm a tall guy and it seems I would benefit from 3 or 4 more inches of windscreen. Anyone aware of an option for this?

Thanks, in advance. I'm very much looking forward to discussion, especially when boost options are readily available and thoroughly vetted.
Congrats and welcome. There is not at this time, but there is one member here (Ray Nellis) who has spoken with a company that is trying to get a cost estimate together to offer a 3 inch taller blade windscreen, So kick off your shoes and keep an eye out for it. It's listed under the topic of "windshields", Happy Holidays and stay warm

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats and welcome. There is not att his time, but there is one member here (Ray Nellis) who has spoken with a company that is trying to get a cost estimate together to offer a 3 inch taller blade windscreen, So kick off your shoes and keep an eye out for it. It's listed under the topic of "windshields", Happy Holidays and stay warm
Great news for a Sasquatch like me. :)

On another note, I think I saw that you're an early adopter for a boosted setup. I'm very interested in how that turns out as, I'm sure, are many others. I think I'll fit in well with many others I see here who appear to have the same sickness as me - no such thing as enough. :D

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Great news for a Sasquatch like me. :)

On another note, I think I saw that you're an early adopter for a boosted setup. I'm very interested in how that turns out as, I'm sure, are many others. I think I'll fit in well with many others I see here who appear to have the same sickness as me - no such thing as enough. :D
I'm sure when the project is completed and the final tuning is ready, Bill will reveal everything to all of us. His family has been doing turbo systems for like 40 years, and he has carried on that tradition specifically with this engine since 2006. His background in performance, racing, and street legal systems is extensive. The races he's one and the championships are mind-blowing and covering a wide range of classes in 4 wheels as well as bikes. I know of 2 projects he's working on right now that will blow your socks off when they are completed. Right now his attention is focused on my slingshot and I've given him a free rein on the build, so I've been staying out of the process (although I did make a trip up to see how it was coming along and we have spoken about it). I'm waiting and drooling over what's to come almost as much as some of my fellow forum members are waiting for their to arrive from Polaris. This trike is a fantastic ride and a major head-turner. Add the power and sound of the turbo, and who knows where it goes from there. One thing for sure is you had better plan your time wisely since there will not be any "back in 10 minute" trips once you have yours.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure when the project is completed and the final tuning is ready, Bill will reveal everything to all of us. His family has been doing turbo systems for like 40 years, and he has carried on that tradition specifically with this engine since 2006. His background in performance, racing, and street legal systems is extensive. The races he's one and the championships are mind-blowing and covering a wide range of classes in 4 wheels as well as bikes. I know of 2 projects he's working on right now that will blow your socks off when they are completed. Right now his attention is focused on my slingshot and I've given him a free rein on the build, so I've been staying out of the process (although I did make a trip up to see how it was coming along and we have spoken about it). I'm waiting and drooling over what's to come almost as much as some of my fellow forum members are waiting for their to arrive from Polaris. This trike is a fantastic ride and a major head-turner. Add the power and sound of the turbo, and who knows where it goes from there. One thing for sure is you had better plan your time wisely since there will not be any "back in 10 minute" trips once you have yours.
On my way home, I must've had five people (that I noticed) taking phone-video of this sled. Then there were the innumerable fly-by/slow-down deals. Stops to get gas and at a grocery store required lots of Q&A. I definitely don't suggest this as a ride for anyone shy of attention.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
On my way home, I must've had five people (that I noticed) taking phone-video of this sled. Then there were the innumerable fly-by/slow-down deals. Stops to get gas and at a grocery store required lots of Q&A. I definitely don't suggest this as a ride for anyone shy of attention.
I'm pretty anti social. I buy vehicles for the experience of the drive/ride, not to profile, or seek attention. I'm glad I live in a rural area with two lane roads. As for stops? I'll be gassing mine in my garage for a time till the knuckleheads get used to seeing them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts