Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, so it was mid day of december 31.
Routinely, i was driving the SS spiritedly. I was on my way to my gym after stopping at Ross. Short distance from when i got pulled over.

I turn left on the light and burned some rubber on the 1/4 mile to the next light, turned right without stopping at the red because i saw that i was protected.

I lit her up to 45 and i saw the 5-0 behind me. He was a cool. He mentioned that it was the first time he caught up to me after seeing me ride around my work for a while.

all he got me for was for a helmet citation. I tried to make the situation light because i wasn’t sure what he got me for exactly. Needless to say, i was happy with the helmet citation he assured me it was not involving the insurance and cost about 150. I shook his hand and he was off.

i live in norcal BTW, anyone have helmet citations elsewhere?

1. 183382

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Perhaps if you'd at least had a cap on.......thats the way it goes! :D

Reactions: Thrillainmanila

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I don't typically wear a helmet in Texas since it's not required and I use the tallest windshield I can find. I do carry a half-helmet with an internal drop-down visor for added eye protection. With a decent windshield and the internal drop-down visor, I feel I have some protection for my eyes and the internal visor means it's not normally exposed to wear and tear while in the storage bag.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I read another CA post where he was pulled over for no helmet, but got out of it because he had it with him. Put it on and that was that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Needless to say, i was happy with the helmet citation he assured me it was not involving the insurance and cost about 150.
Not needless to say, and very commendable, especially in today's society, where so many would have refused to take responsibility for their actions of knowingly breaking the law, and then go whining about the consequences when they got caught.

Good show, Thrillainmanila, good show! (y)

Bill

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a 'seat belt' ticket couple of years ago … ($25.00 and NO points) also stopped for driving a LOT spirted.....LEO was just telling me to slow down a little.
Leos i’ve met seem to be cool about the SS haven’t gotten harassed yet. Funny that the officer who got me was on a streetbike, seems like he’s the only one who knows what’s going on. An officer in an SUV at a light saw me WITHOUT a helmet and asked me if i wanted to race him. Lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts