Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am just about in the same mood ,why buy the thing just to bring it home and store it. Maybe by spring polaris will have their ducks in a row.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am just about in the same mood ,why buy the thing just to bring it home and store it. Maybe by spring polaris will have their ducks in a row.
I'm like FloridaJoe, was going to pay cash. I'll buy another 2-3 motorcycles instead. I feel for the people that sold off other toys already.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I only put $500 deposit, so I'm not too worried about them sitting on my money. It would be nice to have some info though.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I went by my dealer today. I will pull my deposit if it does not arrive next week. I'm going to buy a Lotus Evora. And ill post pictures of it when I pull up in the driveway. I'm tired of waiting. Just man up Polaris and tell the consumer the truth. I was told by another Polaris dealer on the phone today it might be mid November. Not for me. Ill be carving canyon roads much sooner.

Sent using my fat thumbs via Taptalk App.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Sorry, you guys deserve better. I know it.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
me too, if I don't hear anything by the end of next week, I'm done with the slingshot and done with the forum. Time to move on

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Financing a slingshot or a lotus is all in a days work. I have been eyeballing the evora for a while. And guess what ,,, its got a heater and air conditioning.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Its really disheartening. I had big plans for a high end stereo, wrap, and supercharger or turbo. If they would have just give some info on the delivery. Sad really. I may buy one next year buy now its doubtfull. I like conversing with everyone on this forum. I would like to still post on here even if I go the Lotus direction.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I went by my dealer today. I will pull my deposit if it does not arrive next week. I'm going to buy a Lotus Evora. And ill post pictures of it when I pull up in the driveway. I'm tired of waiting. Just man up Polaris and tell the consumer the truth. I was told by another Polaris dealer on the phone today it might be mid November. Not for me. Ill be carving canyon roads much sooner.

I'm right there with you RABTECH. I was waiting for the M4 when the SS came along. Then the SS reminded me of how soulless BMWs have become and I put my deposit down on an SL. Now with this lousy treatment from Polaris I'm remembering how entranced I was on a test drive in a Lotus Exige. I'm ready to go shopping for one!

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I'm right there with you RABTECH. I was waiting for the M4 when the SS came along but the SS concept reminded me of how soulless BMWs have become. Now I'm remembering how entranced I was on a test drive in a Lotus Exige. I'm ready to go shopping for one!
To bad were to far apart. We could go tire kicking together. People don't realize how kick ass the lotus is. It has beauty on the outside and just enough balls to make your heart flutter in a turn. They stick like glue. Way better than a slingshot I'm sure

Reactions: Joker

·
Registered
776 Posts
Its really disheartening. I had big plans for a high end stereo, wrap, and supercharger or turbo. If they would have just give some info on the delivery. Sad really. I may buy one next year buy now its doubtfull. I like conversing with everyone on this forum. I would like to still post on here even if I go the Lotus direction.

Please post pic of your Lotus when you get it . THAT THING LOOKS SWEEEEEET !!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm pulling out by end of next week if no actually "Polaris" backed info comes out. Don't mind the wait but I want a solid date, this is turning into a kickstarter style experience ( a lot of words like "mid" "coming soon" "around the corner").

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
This thread is unreal di

This thread is unreal first off, polaris is not sitting on your money. It's the dealer that has your deposit and they want to start delivering them too. I feel you guys are only hurting yourself by walking away from the slingshot. You all must cook all your meals in a microwave because of the impatience. Would you feel better if polaris came out and said they will deliver in January probably not!! I do agree they lack of updates us mind bogging, but I choose to live with it and not get flustered. .. .any be because I'm older, reminds me of the old bull and young bull looking at all the cows in the pasture. The young bull says 'let's run down there and f**k one of those cow's." The old bull says" why not walk down there and f**k them all. As far as the lotus, for 85000 it's as d mall as the elese and will tank in resell. I g ad a lotus elese when they first c as me out.. street legal go cart and a blast but way to small hang in there guys

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Again, it's not the wait. It's ZERO information. Unlike most, I travel for extended periods of time for my job. Some of this travel is able to be scheduled around my schedule. Without ANY delivery data that is impossible.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts