·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I get around to a review written with impressions but dealing with a 2nd story bathroom water leak, which leaked through the ceiling and wall down to the lower level storage room. This might take a while to fix.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Taking a break from home cleanup.
PRP Seats:
1st impressions I guess you can get from the video they are very impressive right out of the box. And they are boxed, wrapped, bubble filled, and air bubble, they make sure that short of the delivery guy driving over them these will be delivered undamaged .
They are lighter in my opinion, they feel like they weigh less by a couple pounds. I really like the material, it has a defiant high quality feel to it.
Installation is pretty straight forward to figure out. Pull out old seats, use their bases and mount new PRP seat onto the base and reinstall in sling.
I mentioned in the video that a ratchet wrench I think works better than a socket wrench, but that I guess is just me, also disassembly is easier with an electric impact to pull all the nuts off.
Now that they are in Oh Heck, you will not believe the difference. I am not a small guy , over 6 ft and over 250#. I sit in these seats, and notice that the sides are so nice to have they hug you in place, make you stay in place a whole lot better than stock. The padding is alot softer, the factory seats you sit on top of, PRP you sit in the seat.
They are appropriately names as suspension seats, bumps and dip that would have jarred you pretty hard are smoothed out , now they are not magic floating seats It is not like riding on air suspension, but there is a difference, and they do help.
Also the split in the seat helps with my 4 point harnesses, I could use them with the factory seats, but now they are closer together and even more comfortable.
A bonus to this is that now the wife can use the harness on her side, with going around the top of the factory seats this made them too far apart for her to comfortably wear.
People are not lying, they are very much like a large comfortable recliner'ish seat. They do take up more room, with my factory seat I was able to set a 5" speaker in a plastic pod, on the side near the back base of the seats. These seats make this impossible. I also would say that I feel about 1/2 to 1" taller in these, when the back is straight up, but a click to the recline and that is solved and you are in a much more relaxed driving position.
The MAJOR difference in the 2 seats lie in the headrest, the factory one will work on putting your head and neck at an unnatural forward position, where as the PRP seats will allow you to sit back and rest your helmeted head, which will sink into the headrest a bit and become VERY comfortable
Another thing I noticed was that i rode with the OEM seats all the way back, with the PRP I an riding 2 or 3 clicks forward and can recline back further if I should choose.
HEAT:
This is what we all battle, well I would say the sitting in the sun comparison is kind of like this, factory seats you pull off your towel or cover and someone wants to hit you with 200+ questions, so the seats sit in the sun and get HOT. The same place, time, sun intensity and the PRP's to me at least still do get hot, but they dont feel as if they heat up as much.
I guess the easiest way to some up a review of these seats: These are the single best mod I have done to my slingshot.
My wife would say the heat insulation or muffler but I think the seats

1 - 3 of 3 Posts