Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered these seats with high expectations after reading all the positive reviews. Once out of the box, I was very upset by the quality of the additional lumbar widget that I purchased for $140.In hindsight I would have saved the money or purchased a better supporting option. Little did I know that these "bladders" were also part of a defective group of lumbar "bladders" that would not hold any inflation the moment back pressure was applied. I called PRP customer service 11 days ago to voice my concern on the defective product and work toward a resolve. The sales manager was pretty unprofessional about the whole ordeal and didn't think it was an issue that I would have to take apart the seat backrest to remove the defective bladders and replace them with the new ones he offered to send out. As mentioned above, today is the 11th day, still with no bladders, and no resolve. I called back multiple times to check up on the order status but, no one had an answer for me and the sales manager didn't seem to be at work often.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I've coined a phrase that applies to some (definitely not all) aftermarket Slingshot manufacturers:

Slinginghitus.

What Slinginghitus entails and the symptoms are:

1) Loads of money to be made
2) Inability to keep up with demand
3) Inability to resolve defects/warranty issues once the money get's deposited
4) Inability of Slinginghitus victim to use a phone or place an email in response to issues

So you have to be VERY careful where you buy your stuff from. Very. I can tell you any issues I have had with parts from slingmods.com have been rectified post-haste. I mean like 5 minutes fast, so your vendor is critical.

Did you buy the seats direct?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Yeah, I would have to agree with Blitz. If at all possible, buy your mods from someone like Slingmods or Cycle springs. They tend to be much more receptive to customer complaints and seem to have a higher interest in resolving the problems asap.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I'll give a shout out to Alpha and DDMWorks here too.

Both Henry and Dave have put up with my picky b.s. w/o hiccup. That is why these people get my money. I expect perfection and when I get it in return... Well, we are golden.

·
Registered
521 Posts
My PRP seats look fantastic. In reality They suck big time. I did take the seats apart and re glued the bladders. The drivers lasted for about a week and failed. The passenger is still holding air. There 20.00 bladders that they charge you 140.00. I ordered the 2" extra padding because people said the 2" went to the steel plate. Well the 4" is like sitting on a FRICKEN LOG. Everyone hates them that sits in them.
Then the SLAP in the face went to order the 2" bottoms and they would not put in the heated bottoms. WTF now I have heated back and no heated bottoms.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM PRP.
Yes I did call the vendor SLINGMODS I got them from and he said were sorry, But we don't make the seats. But will take your 125.00 for the 2" bottoms.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
My PRP seats look fantastic. In reality They suck big time. I did take the seats apart and re glued the bladders. The drivers lasted for about a week and failed. The passenger is still holding air. There 20.00 bladders that they charge you 140.00. I ordered the 2" extra padding because people said the 2" went to the steel plate. Well the 4" is like sitting on a FRICKEN LOG. Everyone hates them that sits in them.
Then the SLAP in the face went to order the 2" bottoms and they would not put in the heated bottoms. WTF now I have heated back and no heated bottoms.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM PRP.
Yes I did call the vendor I get them from and he said were sorry, But we don't make the seats.

Did you ask to send them back and get a refund?

·
Registered
521 Posts
No, I will wait till the 2" bottoms come in and I have ordered from Amazon seat heater kit and I will install them in the bottoms. If they do not ride any better will install the original seats. They were WAY more comfortable. They look fantastic, But that is it.
I have ordered things from Alpha and it always fit perfect and was shipped quick.
Ordered things from Cycle Springs and the only thing I can say about them was the sun shield for over the shit ass radio was not as described shinny plastic not flat black and textured. The Manufacture stepped up to the plate and sent me the correct one, A great company.

Ordered a steering wheel from Demon was a TOTAL POS. They did not want to hear anything about it. Got a momo wheel and shiftier from Amazon it is perfect.

IMG_2551[1].jpg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I will wait till the 2" bottoms come in and I have ordered from Amazon seat heater kit and I will install them in the bottoms. If they do not ride any better will install the original seats. They were WAY more comfortable. They look fantastic, But that is it.
I have ordered things from Alpha and it always fit perfect and was shipped quick.
Ordered things from Cycle Springs and the only thing I can say about them was the sun shield for over the shit ass radio was not as described shinny plastic not flat black and textured. The Manufacture stepped up to the plate and sent me the correct one, A great company.

Ordered a steering wheel from Demon was a TOTAL POS. They did not want to hear anything about it. Got a momo wheel and shiftier from Amazon it is perfect.

View attachment 66281
I agree - everyone was very quick to post positive reviews - and to each his own. However, even when you compare the seats base to base you can see so much more padding in the stock seats.

·
Super Moderator
2,927 Posts
Hey @lilb93, sorry your experience with both companies wasn't good. @Noel Hughes of Cycle Springs and I speak regularly, usually because they find something I "need," then taunt me by posting it up on here. He's always been a straight-up guy, and also told me when things wouldn't work out as I'm hoping. Sure, he could have sold me on stuff I'd be unhappy with and rung up $2,000 in sales, -once-, but instead he has a customer that values his company and respects his honesty. I'm not special by any means, nor do we have any association other than dealer & addict. (<--that's supposed to be funny)

I don't know anyone at PRP. I did put myself in their seat recently at Nielsen Enterprises, Ted Nielsen sponsored another ride and Kris of Barbeque Productions served totally awesome food. It was great seeing fellow forum members and owners (Kris is one of them with his piggy-Sling), and I posted a review of the seats on SlingshotForums. We had another fun ride, got fat, and found new mods that other owners installed and we now "need." LOL That's the way it goes...

That bladder thing though...thanks for cluing us in with your update. Maybe you can post up some heater & bladder links and we normal mortals can cram them into the stockers.

gotta_go_icons[1].png
(wrong bladder, isn't it? crap...)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hey @lilb93, sorry your experience with both companies wasn't good. @Noel Hughes of Cycle Springs and I speak regularly, usually because they find something I "need," then taunt me by posting it up on here. He's always been a straight-up guy, and also told me when things wouldn't work out as I'm hoping. Sure, he could have sold me on stuff I'd be unhappy with and rung up $2,000 in sales, -once-, but instead he has a customer that values his company and respects his honesty. I'm not special by any means, nor do we have any association other than dealer & addict. (<--that's supposed to be funny)

I don't know anyone at PRP. I did put myself in their seat recently at Nielsen Enterprises, Ted Nielsen sponsored another ride and Kris of Barbeque Productions served totally awesome food. It was great seeing fellow forum members and owners (Kris is one of them with his piggy-Sling), and I posted a review of the seats on SlingshotForums. We had another fun ride, got fat, and found new mods that other owners installed and we now "need." LOL That's the way it goes...

That bladder thing though...thanks for cluing us in with your update. Maybe you can post up some heater & bladder links and we normal mortals can cram them into the stockers.

View attachment 66297

Trek Armor Air Bladder Lumbar Support

Personally I would find a better one. This is what PRP uses.

As for the heat for the seats.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008D2LIR..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=CNCW6JSK6TEH286VE0Q9

This one listed is WAY better has a High and low setting. PRP is High only.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I like the prp seats as far as looks and comfort.I did not get the air bags or heat but thanks to lily 93 I guess I will be pulling my seats and adding heat(what next find and post good air bags to make me work more? Lol) thanks for the research I think you will like the regular cushion I sure do at 6'2" 250lb

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts

View attachment 66297
@scottfromprpseats is the contact person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 50 Posts