Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
waited a month to get my PRP SS seats. Let me start by saying they look really good. Now for the bad, even though people were listing all over forums that the lumbar support wasn't working when they received theirs, mine showed up with the same problem. Now I am being told to ship them back, wait a week to a week and a half and they will add some silicone to correct the issue. I am in manufacturing and once we identified a problem which they did before mine were shipped, we would never let another set get out that were faulty. I would expect this out of China but these were made right here in the USA. Next issue, even though they are being listed as suspension seats on the web sites, the SS model actually has a seat pan; issue number one the seat pan was so drastically curved that I had to use a c-clamp to pull it down to get the bolts in to connect it to the frame. Others are purchasing longer bolts and then swapping to the supplied bolts once it pulled into place. Neither solution should have to be done but I guess as consumers we have allowed suppliers off the hook for too long when they supply low quality products, myself included as I immediately looked for away around the issue. My next issue is that I specifically bought these seats to make the ride less jarring on my back. Unfortunately, the foam padding in the seats isn't adequate so now what I feel is the seat pan as I go down the road. I am a strong believer in allowing a manufacturer to respolve issues but when I contacted the seller who then contacted the manufacturer, all i got was we will send you a shipping label so you can send back the back portion of your seats, which by the way never should have left the factory with an already known problem, nothing about expediting shipping. It should Just should take about a week to a week and a half. No attempt to resolve the issue with feeling the seat pan. I was simply told they offer a thicker seat pad but you won't like it. Additionally, I asked to purchase on of the switches for the heated seat because I damaged one during installation. To this they were more than happy to sell me a new switch. Really, where has the art of good customer service gone. Oh well, at least they look good, maybe I should expect so much for $1600.

Sent from my iPad

·
Registered
894 Posts
waited a month to get my PRP SS seats. Let me start by saying they look really good. Now for the bad, even though people were listing all over forums that the lumbar support wasn't working when they received theirs, mine showed up with the same problem. Now I am being told to ship them back, wait a week to a week and a half and they will add some silicone to correct the issue. I am in manufacturing and once we identified a problem which they did before mine were shipped, we would never let another set get out that were faulty. I would expect this out of China but these were made right here in the USA. Next issue, even though they are being listed as suspension seats on the web sites, the SS model actually has a seat pan; issue number one the seat pan was so drastically curved that I had to use a c-clamp to pull it down to get the bolts in to connect it to the frame. Others are purchasing longer bolts and then swapping to the supplied bolts once it pulled into place. Neither solution should have to be done but I guess as consumers we have allowed suppliers off the hook for too long when they supply low quality products, myself included as I immediately looked for away around the issue. My next issue is that I specifically bought these seats to make the ride less jarring on my back. Unfortunately, the foam padding in the seats isn't adequate so now what I feel is the seat pan as I go down the road. I am a strong believer in allowing a manufacturer to respolve issues but when I contacted the seller who then contacted the manufacturer, all i got was we will send you a shipping label so you can send back the back portion of your seats, which by the way never should have left the factory with an already known problem, nothing about expediting shipping. It should Just should take about a week to a week and a half. No attempt to resolve the issue with feeling the seat pan. I was simply told they offer a thicker seat pad but you won't like it. Additionally, I asked to purchase on of the switches for the heated seat because I damaged one during installation. To this they were more than happy to sell me a new switch. Really, where has the art of good customer service gone. Oh well, at least they look good, maybe I should expect so much for $1600.

Sent from my iPad
For 1600 you should expect great quality

·
Registered
170 Posts

Sent from my iPad
The bladders are easy to fix and less hassle than having to return them IMO....but I agree you shouldn't have to. I swapped long bolts to short ones to flatten out mine as well. I got a great deal in mine from Jimmy at Cycle Springs PRP SS with lumbar for $1100.00, but that's still a chunk of change.

·
Registered
40 Posts
after reading this post not sure I wanna go the route with prp now, any other suggestions if you could do it again?

·
Registered
170 Posts
after reading this post not sure I wanna go the route with prp now, any other suggestions if you could do it again?
If I could do it again I would get the PRP that I got. The lumbar bladder thing was $3.00 tube of clear marine silicone and a 10 minute fix, and all you need is one same size bolt a half inch longer from the hardware store to hold the seat cushion in place while you install the permanent bolts. Otherwise I think they are a great seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Am experiencing the same comfort issues with our PRPs. Contacted PRP also and it was pretty much the same result as Slingbush had. These seats are not cheap. The stock seat cushion was more comfortable. Have ordered some automotive med. firm foam. Should be here soon. Slid a 12x14 piece of thin plywood in the cushion to get our butts off of the crossbars. MUCH better. Hoping the foam will resolve our issue. Will report back.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Am experiencing the same comfort issues with our PRPs. Contacted PRP also and it was pretty much the same result as Slingbush had. These seats are not cheap. The stock seat cushion was more comfortable. Have ordered some automotive med. firm foam. Should be here soon. Slid a 12x14 piece of thin plywood in the cushion to get our butts off of the crossbars. MUCH better. Hoping the foam will resolve our issue. Will report back.
This is what worries me. I don't wanna spend 1200 bucks on something isn't going to be significantly better, I don't mind the stock seats comfort ,but the back sweating despite it being hot or cold out is annoying. I'm not a big person by any means (165) so generally don't sweat at all , but these seats just make ya sweat like crazy lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
I hear ya on the stockers. Had my SS sittin in the driveway one day, in the summer sun of course. Jumped in it to put in the garage. WRONG! Almost had to go to the hospital!
Ouch! Only once.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I hear ya on the stockers. Had my SS sittin in the driveway one day, in the summer sun of course. Jumped in it to put in the garage. WRONG! Almost had to go to the hospital!
Ouch! Only once.
We went to Applebee's for an hr the other day (was 104 out) and hopped in, after about 10 seconds I felt like I was blistering my ass and back! Instantly pulled into a gas station for the shade, waited 10 min (didn't work) so had to go buy 2 bottles of water and dumped em all over the seats to cool it down. My poor sister was in a dress so her legs got burnt bad on the way to the gas stations shade.so now I just don't take it out if it's hot (only had it a week so far) or I put the seats forward to keep the sun from doing that again. A small reprieve till I can get a top and or new seats! May just end up buying those seat covers they have for now til I can find a seat most like without problems.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have SS seats and wish I had gone with Gen 1 seats..
I like the material I have on SS seats more than what was available for Gen 1 seats..
But this winter going to play with SS seats and see if I can make them more comfortable.
I will say I can get into my cloth seat anytime of day and do not get burned from hot seats.
If PRP would put material I have on Gen 1 seats I would trade my seats in today.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yep,
The PRP seats are much more forgiving in the heat for sure. Nice that you can flip the cushions. Our Stinger roof helps with the sun if it is at 12 o'clock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had the short bolt issue with my New PRP seats got around it with a c-clamp have not gotten to ride in them yet so the comfort thing time will tell. As to the heat /sweating and frying skin on the stock seats bought some $20 auto zone cloth covers and problem solved on that issue. Love the look of the PRP seats my narrow butt did not like that deep trench in the seat bottom of the stocks :)

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
These are what I am going with. You can pretty much tailor the seats to your exact requirements through their different models via the dimensions chart.

That being said, nothing substitutes planting your ass in the seat and my local race equipment dealer has dozens of different seats (Sparco and others) on the floor and that to me is the best way to find the perfect seat. I sat in the Evo II and did not want to get out of it - it was that comfy. Firm, extremely supportive. I could see easily doing a 500 mile day in that seat.

In fact, I think my bro down below even moved a little while sitting in that seat. :)

Sparco USA

·
Registered
195 Posts
Blitz my issue is I live 15'iles from the capital of my state, which is still BFE "they make customer seats??? " no dealer with in 5 hrs have more than one brand to sit in. I went with prp fairly happy.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts