Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the 2021 Slingshot R Limited Edition. Expensive to put the clear film on it but thinking I need to to keep the paint from getting chipped. Anybody do this with their Slingshot?

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity" I've got a couple of small chips on my 2016 Slingshot but 87,775 miles of smiles. Are you wanting a 'show' Slingshot or a fun Slingshot. Lots of guys put lots of money into the SHOW....my mod of choice is gas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity" I've got a couple of small chips on my 2016 Slingshot but 87,775 miles of smiles. Are you wanting a 'show' Slingshot or a fun Slingshot. Lots of guys put lots of money into the SHOW....my mod of choice is gas.
Well, actually, I would like both. This thing was not cheap & I don't want it to get a bunch of dings in it. The clear coat wouldn't affect the performance, I don't think they're mutually exclusive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Film wrap yellows in the sun, so you might want to bring a Budge Size 2 (if I remember correctly--double check this) car cover along. I keep one behind the drivers seat and bungi it on. (I waterproof mine.)
I am getting ready to look for a cover. Need to find one that will fit once I get the slingshade out on it. That's good to know, thanks.

·
Administrator
3,059 Posts
It's a cheap looking blue (WallMart), so it keeps people out. I also have the Slingshot travel cover, expensive but really heavy and very well constructed (the price is a steal for what you get, comparatively). The waterproofing makes the cheapie heavier and sun resistant, still smaller (folded) and lighter than the Polaris, so I carry that. I do put grommets in for the bungis (I think I made a How - To post on it). Basically folding and storing it is much faster, I have install down to 3 minutes of it goes on straight, 5 if I get it wrong or it's windy, same with folding it up.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Has Polaris changed the quality of the paint on the side bars on newer models? Our unprotected sidebars on our 2015 are coming up on to seven years now, I believe that the picture speaks for itself about how unnecessary it would be to install protective film.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.