Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the 2021 Slingshot R Limited Edition. Expensive to put the clear film on it but thinking I need to to keep the paint from getting chipped. Anybody do this with their Slingshot?

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity" I've got a couple of small chips on my 2016 Slingshot but 87,775 miles of smiles. Are you wanting a 'show' Slingshot or a fun Slingshot. Lots of guys put lots of money into the SHOW....my mod of choice is gas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the "World of Slingshot Insanity" I've got a couple of small chips on my 2016 Slingshot but 87,775 miles of smiles. Are you wanting a 'show' Slingshot or a fun Slingshot. Lots of guys put lots of money into the SHOW....my mod of choice is gas.
Well, actually, I would like both. This thing was not cheap & I don't want it to get a bunch of dings in it. The clear coat wouldn't affect the performance, I don't think they're mutually exclusive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Film wrap yellows in the sun, so you might want to bring a Budge Size 2 (if I remember correctly--double check this) car cover along. I keep one behind the drivers seat and bungi it on. (I waterproof mine.)
I am getting ready to look for a cover. Need to find one that will fit once I get the slingshade out on it. That's good to know, thanks.

·
Administrator
2,970 Posts
It's a cheap looking blue (WallMart), so it keeps people out. I also have the Slingshot travel cover, expensive but really heavy and very well constructed (the price is a steal for what you get, comparatively). The waterproofing makes the cheapie heavier and sun resistant, still smaller (folded) and lighter than the Polaris, so I carry that. I do put grommets in for the bungis (I think I made a How - To post on it). Basically folding and storing it is much faster, I have install down to 3 minutes of it goes on straight, 5 if I get it wrong or it's windy, same with folding it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts