Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a device that will alert me when something (IE. A vehicle) is nearby be it in front, back or on either side. I found “parking sensors” with an audible alarm for both front & back but want to add the right & left sides as well.

A typical use case would be when I want to change lanes to the right lane. Yes, I use my turn signal and carefully check my mirror, but having an alert if a car or motorcycle (for example) is too close would only increase the safety factor. I know some of the 2017 & 2018 cars have them OEM from the factory.

I’m looking for a similar system for my Sling.

Anyone know where to buy?

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
I haven't tried this, but found it in a Google search for Blind Spot Detectors - Encore BSD4W Universal Premium Blind Spot Detection Assist System. The manual wasn't listed as part of the description, but looking at the pic it appears to have at least a little adjustability. I found similar units with slightly different alert mechanisms at higher prices. This one includes both an audible and a visual alert and claims to detect at the front and rear of the vehicle (presumably the sides). A separate listing offers black sensors instead of white.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I only added front (4 of em) on my front nose & the controller above my steering wheel , they have others where you can add 6 or 8 plus for under your mirrors for side monitoring

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts