Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,816 Posts
What software is that? Is that built in to the GoPro? I was looking at the Garmin Virb because it has GPS built in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What software is that? Is that built in to the GoPro? I was looking at the Garmin Virb because it has GPS built in.
The GoPro Hero 7 Black has GPS built in. It’s a little off but close. If you zoom in on the speedometer in the full third gear pull you’ll see it’s just over 100mph when the GoPro says 96mph. Well GPS is off or the speedometer is.

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,816 Posts
The GoPro Hero 7 Black has GPS built in. It’s a little off but close. If you zoom in on the speedometer in the full third gear pull you’ll see it’s just over 100mph when the GoPro says 96mph. Well GPS is off or the speedometer is.
How is the Tach and G-meter showing up in the screen? That is what is really impressing me. lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How is the Tach and G-meter showing up in the screen? That is what is really impressing me. lol
I edited the entire video on my iPhone. The speedometer and G-meter are options when playing the video back either from the GoPro or once downloaded. See the photos as they should help... Once you click what you want you can drag/drop/resize.
Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 9.43.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 9.43.29 AM.png

·
I'm huge in Japan...
1,816 Posts
That is pretty awesome!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're not hearing things, the ProCharger among all the boosted applications (supercharger/turbo) would have a blowoff valve to the best of my knowledge. It does sound awesome!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I used to seeing them with turbos (never done a turbo kit), but a supercharger is an always on type system so I've never used them with the kits I've installed. How do you like the SC setup? I'm struggling with which direction to go, boost is my next upgrade and I need to decide what to do in the next couple of weeks.

Jeff

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I used to seeing them with turbos (never done a turbo kit), but a supercharger is an always on type system so I've never used them with the kits I've installed. How do you like the SC setup? I'm struggling with which direction to go, boost is my next upgrade and I need to decide what to do in the next couple of weeks.

Jeff
I really like the supercharger setup as power is more linear. With the ProCharger system, you don’t start creating boost until 3000 rpms, it’s wicked smooth throughout a WOT pull and in my opinion, makes the SS a little more controllable with the added HP. Remember, we only have one tire putting the HP to the road. Kit was easy to install and after support has been good, but likely not to the caliber of DDM. The reason I chose ProCharger is their stuff is made here in the USA and have been around a LONG time so I know parts, support etc. will be available years from now. The other reason was that I was able to purchase the tuning software from CBM Motorsports (great people) not so I could mess with tuning, but to clear codes and to flash the ECM myself. This has proved useful several times. Every now and then I get an O2 sensor code and it’s nice to clear it without having to ship the ECM put and be down for a while. It’s not the highest HP system out there, but it’s PLENTY for the SS and myself. Hope that helps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts