Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Pricing = 20k and 24k

6K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  BKL 
#1 ·
#6 ·
This seems as good a thread to post this as any other. If it should be someplace else, hopefully the Mods will move it.
I have read some folks speculating about maybe getting a break on accessory cost given what some folks are writing about high dealer charges for Delivery and Prep/Setup, but if this site is accurate, there is only about a 10% profit for the dealers when they sell accessories. Go to http://www.seedealercost.com/powersports and select Polaris Slingshot. The site shows MSRP and Invoice. Selecting a specific Slingshot model will list model specs and option costs (MSRP/Invoce).
Don't know how accurate their numbers are, but at least it gives some idea of costs. I'd love to have some official info from Polaris on delivery costs. Anybody know the delivery fees for other Polaris vehicles? Are the delivery costs the same everywhere for the same model; or do they vary by area?

#7 ·
This seems as good a thread to post this as any other. If it should be someplace else, hopefully the Mods will move it.
I have read some folks speculating about maybe getting a break on accessory cost given what some folks are writing about high dealer charges for Delivery and Prep/Setup, but if this site is accurate, there is only about a 10% profit for the dealers when they sell accessories. Go to http://www.seedealercost.com/powersports and select Polaris Slingshot. The site shows MSRP and Invoice. Selecting a specific Slingshot model will list model specs and option costs (MSRP/Invoce).
Don't know how accurate their numbers are, but at least it gives some idea of costs. I'd love to have some official info from Polaris on delivery costs. Anybody know the delivery fees for other Polaris vehicles? Are the delivery costs the same everywhere for the same model; or do they vary by area?
Nice Find! If that's accurate, then there making decent money at MSRP.
But they are in the business to make money. But that's not a bad chunkof change for something that's pretty much selling itself right now.

#8 ·
That is a nice find!
It just makes the dealers charging above MSRP and freight and prep look much more like a bunch of crooks.
Glad i was steered toward the dealer i went with. MSRP, no freight or prep.

#9 ·
There is a very good chance that the dealer has to pay freight charges when the SS is shipped to them and almost all dealers will charge that to the customer(including car dealers). Now prep charges I can see for some vehicles like motorcycles that require partial assembly after being delivered but at most on the SS the only necessary prep would be fluids.

#11 ·
I am ready to buy; pay cash if necessary but I'm getting a fairly wide swing on costs for the SL. I had one local dealer tell me 1K for delivery and 1K for setup. I asked why 1K for set up and they told me that they had to put it together at their dealer. YGTBSM!

MSRP and Internet price seems to be like trying to mix oil and water. What is a fair price?

#21 ·
A dealer in Haley, AL is supposedly offering the Slingshot at a discount below MSRP, w/no additional charges. Most dealers are charging at least MSRP, some w/o the freight/setup fee, others vary how much they want for freight/setup.
Supposedly Freight/Setup is officially around $960 (I think that is based on Polaris charges for the RZR). My dealer, Lufkin Power Sports in Lufkin, TX only charged me $600 for the freight/setup.
I used the Polaris website to contact about 8 dealers w/in 2 hrs of Houston, TX, asking for an out-the door, all-inclusive price and Lufkin Power Sports offered me the best deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.