Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, seems like that but haven't done the math on what the cost will be to piece it together.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
This seems as good a thread to post this as any other. If it should be someplace else, hopefully the Mods will move it.
I have read some folks speculating about maybe getting a break on accessory cost given what some folks are writing about high dealer charges for Delivery and Prep/Setup, but if this site is accurate, there is only about a 10% profit for the dealers when they sell accessories. Go to http://www.seedealercost.com/powersports and select Polaris Slingshot. The site shows MSRP and Invoice. Selecting a specific Slingshot model will list model specs and option costs (MSRP/Invoce).
Don't know how accurate their numbers are, but at least it gives some idea of costs. I'd love to have some official info from Polaris on delivery costs. Anybody know the delivery fees for other Polaris vehicles? Are the delivery costs the same everywhere for the same model; or do they vary by area?

·
Registered
183 Posts
This seems as good a thread to post this as any other. If it should be someplace else, hopefully the Mods will move it.
I have read some folks speculating about maybe getting a break on accessory cost given what some folks are writing about high dealer charges for Delivery and Prep/Setup, but if this site is accurate, there is only about a 10% profit for the dealers when they sell accessories. Go to http://www.seedealercost.com/powersports and select Polaris Slingshot. The site shows MSRP and Invoice. Selecting a specific Slingshot model will list model specs and option costs (MSRP/Invoce).
Don't know how accurate their numbers are, but at least it gives some idea of costs. I'd love to have some official info from Polaris on delivery costs. Anybody know the delivery fees for other Polaris vehicles? Are the delivery costs the same everywhere for the same model; or do they vary by area?
Nice Find! If that's accurate, then there making decent money at MSRP.
But they are in the business to make money. But that's not a bad chunkof change for something that's pretty much selling itself right now.

·
Registered
438 Posts
That is a nice find!
It just makes the dealers charging above MSRP and freight and prep look much more like a bunch of crooks.
Glad i was steered toward the dealer i went with. MSRP, no freight or prep.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There is a very good chance that the dealer has to pay freight charges when the SS is shipped to them and almost all dealers will charge that to the customer(including car dealers). Now prep charges I can see for some vehicles like motorcycles that require partial assembly after being delivered but at most on the SS the only necessary prep would be fluids.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
I don't mind standardized freight charges (either same fee regardless of location or area-specific with all local dealers charging the same). I just don't like dealers using the delivery/setup fee as a profit center.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am ready to buy; pay cash if necessary but I'm getting a fairly wide swing on costs for the SL. I had one local dealer tell me 1K for delivery and 1K for setup. I asked why 1K for set up and they told me that they had to put it together at their dealer. YGTBSM!

MSRP and Internet price seems to be like trying to mix oil and water. What is a fair price?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
St. Louis. I had another quote MSRP + 960 like yourself. But when the website states "internet pricing", that implies to me something less than MSRP!
Hey welcome to the forum Purple P, any chance you could swing one of them beautiful transporters you guys fly into Minneapolis?
I think we could get a couple hundred Slingshots spotted around the country pretty quick with your help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum Purple P, any chance you could swing one of them beautiful transporters you guys fly into Minneapolis?
I think we could get a couple hundred Slingshots spotted around the country pretty quick with your help!
Ya know,

I was just thinking the same thing. We brought nearly a half plane full of Harley's a couple of weeks ago into St. Louis.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Ya know,

I was just thinking the same thing. We brought nearly a half plane full of Harley's a couple of weeks ago into St. Louis.
Now that's is really cool !!
Did you ever have the chance to fly for Champ Car? FedEx was the main sponsor for years and they would load all of their Indy cars into your transporters and fly overseas. One of the coolest things I have ever seen!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Now that's is really cool !!
Did you ever have the chance to fly for Champ Car? FedEx was the main sponsor for years and they would load all of their Indy cars into your transporters and fly overseas. One of the coolest things I have ever seen!
No on the cars but that would be interesting...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts