Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

prescott az ss rider

863 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  25065 
#1 ·
My family (wife & 3 boys) has been riding anything with 2, 3 or 4 wheels since the '80s. Trails, dunes, street, you name it. We test drove a SS in 2014. Loved it, but our garage was overflowing. We have one now, had to sell our beloved Valkyrie to make room for it. Saw the 'regional' thread regarding AZ, but nothing seemed to come of it. Would love to ride with other northern az SS owners (our's didn't come with ac, so we avoid Phoenix).

#5 ·
I'm around and will be up there sometime in the near future once my new power plant is bolted in and has some new boost. Need to get out of the Phoenix heat and break in my new setup before SSITR.

#6 ·
Let me know, TravAZ. I bought mine in Phoenix a couple weeks ago. It was 2:00 before I was heading home, meaning 105 degrees. I-17 is the only way north out of Phoenix. The seller told me he stays in the right lane behind someone going slow. I tried to do that. It lasted about 800 feet. Then I was in the express lane wondering why we were only doing 85.

We've driven ours almost every day so far. Hot Seats in AZ. We have the white beach towels now. I emailed allthings3 to see if he still makes the cockpit covers in red (wifey doesn't like gray). What do you do down there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.