Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Watching the information regarding initial shipments and back orders and such, made me wonder? What happened to all the pre-production models that the deales and various others displays used in some of the videos? It looks like at least 25 or more vehicles were used for initial advertising and display.

Are they going to be re-furbished, updated and re-sold? Just wondering what happened to them?

I know some of them have been really "used" during some of the performance testing but a number of the others appear to have just been driven around and on display. Are any of them going to be availabe as a "used" vehicle?

·
Vendor
554 Posts
Hi everyone,

Watching the information regarding initial shipments and back orders and such, made me wonder? What happened to all the pre-production models that the deales and various others displays used in some of the videos? It looks like at least 25 or more vehicles were used for initial advertising and display.

Are they going to be re-furbished, updated and re-sold? Just wondering what happened to them?

I know some of them have been really "used" during some of the performance testing but a number of the others appear to have just been driven around and on display. Are any of them going to be availabe as a "used" vehicle?
If it works the same as other Polaris products they will be used for long term testing and R&D work then ultimately sold to the Slingshot Dealer network at auction "AS-IS". I buy a few dozen Polaris ATV's like this every year. Same thing happens if a dealer goes out of business, his inventory is repossessed and auctioned off even if the units have 0 miles on them. Sometimes they are perfect condition, other times they look like they have been to hell and back.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info! Some of those might be some good deals! Summ might need a new back tire! HA!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts