Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of these threads are going the route of the typical car modding discussions, but seeing how the slingshot is more motorcycle than car, I wanted to start a thread for those interested in a power commander. I have one on my sportsman and LOVE it, I'd like to see the same for my slingshot.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think that the Power Commander is not going to be the optimum road to travel here as the Slingshot sources the engine and (I am assuming) ECU from GM. The "car tuning" routes are probably going to be available and more viable than waiting for PC to get in the Slingshot game.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Do NOT use a power commander on the slingshot! The power commander is a dinosaur of a tuning device for low tech cycle engines. You will cause more damage than good. This not a cycle engine and not like a cycle but rather a car with three wheels. It runs the GM ecu. "piggy back units" are also a thing of the past to do a real tune you need to reflash the stock ecu or get a after-market ecu like the AEM. Because this is a automotive ECU and a common one im sure you can use HP tuners or Crome to essentially re-program the ecu.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts