Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As requested, its a tight spot to get to. The lower sensor was accessed from under the SS and that was the one that needed to be zip tied out of the way. Both wires are very close to this connecting junction and can easily be pulled or rubbed by the shaft as it turns. Hope this helps. Again thanks to Adam at Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza colorado springs for getting under it with no lift and getting it done!!!!!
IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0423.jpg

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Yup I see where that wire if not tied down would get caught up into the steering joint assembly...GOOD HEADS UP!

image.jpg

Black wire coming from the connector goes under the joint
image.jpg

Black clip is the OEM zip tie keeping the wire secured.
Definately an add on the check list when I do maintenance work!

THANKS MOTO!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I definitely think this could be triggering a fault code by jostling the connection in the plug for the Electric Power Assisted Steering. Great find, MOTO!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
As requested, its a tight spot to get to. The lower sensor was accessed from under the SS and that was the one that needed to be zip tied out of the way. Both wires are very close to this connecting junction and can easily be pulled or rubbed by the shaft as it turns. Hope this helps. Again thanks to Adam at Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza colorado springs for getting under it with no lift and getting it done!!!!! View attachment 3166 View attachment 3167
This has been sent up the chain ?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Interesting, good info. I assume this is a separate issue from the "Throttle sensor" that is actually on the clutch?

One of the charms of the SS for me was that it should be a marvelously easy thing to inspect and repair. Maybe not so much?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts