Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
The best thing you riders can do is before you buy the Sling call and make sure that dealer is willing to purchase the equipment to be able to service you correctly...and a 2 X 4 and some string is not going to do it....if they are a dead dealer...take your money somewhere else !!!
While I understand your logic in reality this is just not practical. In my case base models are few and far between. In fact since mine is sitting in the dealers warehouse waiting for warmer weather and salt free roads I was given an option to let mine go and wait for the next one coming in. The problem is the next one coming is more than two months away with no guarantee that it will even be here at that time. I am going to go through with the purchase and worry about getting a proper alignment when available in MN or WI.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
What are Polaris-Specs / . . . "Mile-Wide" ? . . Toe-in ? . . . would like to know . .have not had my steering-box replaced yet . . . weather . . . . . Thanks. ... . . tom n carol . .

View attachment 8291 View attachment 8292
Mr. Laser Alignment Man . . . . . Do-Not-Mean-To-Be-Mean.......

Still Waiting for The Polaris-Alignment Specs . . . . . . . .

AND to me it seems that you are telling all SlingShot Owners that unless they have their SlingShots Aligned using your Laser-Equipment . . . They-Will-Not-Get-The-RIGHT-Alignment .. . . . . . . . Now-I-Know-Old-School-Works . .
IF done by a experienced person . . .AND I think that you would agree on that Yes / No ? Sames goes for the Laser . . .
"Only-As-Good-As-Person-Doing-It" ..........................
My-Point .....It is possible to get a good alignment with-out Laser. .

Tom/Carol-not-knowledgeable enough .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have to agree that the tone comes off rather irresponsible that dealers are dime a dozen and close by to make this type of a demand. The one party that stated he was going to check on it this week has nothing to do with Polaris, but an existing True Trac guy for Spyders. I will still have it done via your system whether it's him or Alpha to be sure it's correct, but your statement is unrealistic.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,175 Posts
The Laser is the new system that seems to work on three wheel vehicles, we used to cook on wood burning stoves and have an ice box that required ice to cool it. Times change and Laser Man is on top of this game. He is also very well known in the NASCAR world not only setting up the cars, but giving driving instruction to some top names, He comes from the racing world specializing in handling. He is very passionate in making sure any vehicle can handle the best it can. Its not that old school cant do it, but lasers are easy to use and so accurate. Look at all the construction that is done with laser leveling now compared to old school stringline. The same response was met from the spyder world and CanAm, but check with CanAm now, they asked him what he did to his after they rode it, his reply was he fixed it.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I'm not doubting the benefit of using modern technology to achieve superior results. I'm just not going to forgo purchasing my SS in hopes a dealer in my area will not only purchase the tech, but also know how to use it and then miraculously get some inventory of Slingshots to sell me. That begins to approach the realm of total impossibility.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nope. They're saying it's not needed. But those dealers who do care for their customers, spend the money they have to so their customers get what they're expecting. Polaris pays them to check/reset the toe with the wood and tape measure and call it done. It doesn't take much longer to do it the right way when you have the best equipment available.
Correct, Ron from Neilsons called and asked Polaris and they said NO...no extra money to be paid for them on a laser align....they will only pay for factory mandated check.....and what would Kenny Rodgers say? It is a gamble....some are correct and some are not...roll of the dice....tire wear will tell the truth.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I spoke with a current local Spyder alignment rep for Rolo/True Track and he will be checking into getting the system for the Slingshot this week. Hopefully he will be getting this system and be able to provide this service. Will post an update when I know more.
As temperatures rise, more spring riding rises with it. I stopped by my local dealer and asked about laser alignment. They do Spyder alignments but have not made the purchase of the adapters for the SlingShot. Has any dealership in the MN/WI/IA area offering laser alignments yet? There will be a lot of SlingShots roaming our roads soon.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I'm guessing the guy I talked to has bailed on doing Slingshots, worried about return on investment. @Turbosling mentioned he was maybe going to provide this service. I hope someone does, I prefer to have my alignment verified.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Remember when the we had the delay because of the toe issue polaris discovered? They claimed they made adjustments and all slingshots would come from the factory safe and not with the same toe problem that was causing loss of control in rare road conditions.

Does the laser alignment specs follow exactly what polaris recommends for the toe adjustments? Maybe polaris discovered it is necessary to have a certain amount of toe in for safety, even though it might mean faster tire wear.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.