Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with a current local Spyder alignment rep for Rolo/True Track and he will be checking into getting the system for the Slingshot this week. Hopefully he will be getting this system and be able to provide this service. Will post an update when I know more.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Nope. They're saying it's not needed. But those dealers who do care for their customers, spend the money they have to so their customers get what they're expecting. Polaris pays them to check/reset the toe with the wood and tape measure and call it done. It doesn't take much longer to do it the right way when you have the best equipment available.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Wingshot, I hope for all of us, that your contact is correct. I'd love to have them pay for what they should have done at the factory before these ever hit the streets. Mine will get done regardless though. But Polaris has deeper pockets than I do

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,175 Posts
I had to pay for mine plus a motel and dinner lol. I am not making any bold statements here, thats why I was asking, you hear a lot of rumors about everything, I am not holding my breath.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nope. They're saying it's not needed. But those dealers who do care for their customers, spend the money they have to so their customers get what they're expecting. Polaris pays them to check/reset the toe with the wood and tape measure and call it done. It doesn't take much longer to do it the right way when you have the best equipment available.
You are exactly right....Polaris and BRP have factory specs that are a "mile wide"....they do that so they can't be sued...but the problem with factory specs is ....it is based on theory out of the engineers book.
I deal in facts... that kind of toe is going to eat tires ....you will see. I doubt Polaris is going to pay for a laser align. In fact my dealer in IL...Ron from Nielsens called and asked Polaris if they would pay extra and they said NO...call Ron I am sure he will tell you the same story he told me...

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
What are Polaris-Specs / . . . "Mile-Wide" ? . . Toe-in ? . . . would like to know . .have not had my steering-box replaced yet . . . weather . . . . . Thanks. ... . . tom n carol . .

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had to pay for mine plus a motel and dinner lol. I am not making any bold statements here, thats why I was asking, you hear a lot of rumors about everything, I am not holding my breath.
The best thing you riders can do is before you buy the Sling call and make sure that dealer is willing to purchase the equipment to be able to service you correctly...and a 2 X 4 and some string is not going to do it....if they are a dead dealer...take your money somewhere else !!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.