Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Ordered both units yesterday with @Rist Rocket Racing - looking forward to installing and getting it on the road. I will be sure to post some butt numbers :D and overall feel :)- I have had P&P performance done on other vehicles I have owned before and was always happy with the experience/output and gains received from it and other bolt on combinations. Great talking with your Brian. Looking closely at other performance parts I can pull the trigger on ;)... Thanks

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
Eventually I will be sending my ECU of to Bob... but want to get these done and I am still looking to do a SC.
Bob is going to need more than just the ecu, he needs data to know what to set it at. All the tunes he does have come from testing and adjusting till its right. Everything that's added after each tune will change the perimeters, the more accurate data he has the better he can tune it.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Bob is going to need more than just the ecu, he needs data to know what to set it at. All the tunes he does have come from testing and adjusting till its right. Everything that's added after each tune will change the perimeters, the more accurate data he has the better he can tune it.
Very true - thanks, when I send it I will be sure to add as much info as possible... I am sure Brian will be able to provide some numbers that can assist with the tune. :)

·
2,333 Posts
Very true - thanks, when I send it I will be sure to add as much info as possible... I am sure Brian will be able to provide some numbers that can assist with the tune. :)
You can call Bob directly ..... 310-793-2410 .... but he is not going to alter or provide a more specific tune unless you or a rider with the same modifications makes themselves available for on site Dyno time .....

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
On Turbo applications they do help, but not as much as on a N/A setup. A sheet aluminum intake manifold would be the best idea for a turbo SS. Short runners and large plenum.

We are focusing on making more "usable" horse power for the SS, shooting for a solid 200+. At 250-300 whp will be a tire smoker from basically any mph. While looking cool doing a burnout at 60 mph one has to ask how safe is it really with the only rear tire gliding at high speeds. Not saying we won't have a turbo kit in the future, but just my 2-cents ;)
Here is your Sheet Aluminum Intake
Short Runners - Large Plenum
HOGAN'S
MANIFOLD-ECOTEC-HOGANS.JPG
MANIFOLD-ECOTEC-HOGANS2.JPG
$1,900.00
................................................................. tom n carol

·
Registered
925 Posts
You can call Bob directly ..... 310-793-2410 .... but he is not going to alter or provide a more specific tune unless you or a rider with the same modifications makes themselves available for on site Dyno time .....

That's understandable - thanks!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yes we will be working with Bob in the very near future, we are wanting our exhaust completed first. Then we will be doing as much testing as needed for the tune. All that aside every car and state will be a little different from where you live according to seal level. Hopefully we can get some good over all numbers and starting point on a tune.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Here is your Sheet Aluminum Intake
Short Runners - Large Plenum
HOGAN'S
View attachment 43296 View attachment 43297 $1,900.00
................................................................. tom n carol
Tom, if my memory serves me correctly, that style intake will not fir the slingshot. The runners can not come straight out, but would have to be "leaned in" at a pretty good angle to clear master cylinder. Not that it's not doable, just that you won't find one already mass produced on someone's shelf wait for slingshot owners to start calling.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Tom, if my memory serves me correctly, that style intake will not fir the slingshot. The runners can not come straight out, but would have to be "leaned in" at a pretty good angle to clear master cylinder. Not that it's not doable, just that you won't find one already mass produced on someone's shelf wait for slingshot owners to start calling.
MANIFOLD-ECOTEC-HOGANS.JPG

This Intake Manifold is custom made by Hogan's. One of the Premier Custom Intake Manifold fabricators in the Racing Community.
The Manifold I posted is a 100% Custom made on Order, and Yes it is not Mass produced, I know this and I also know that one will not find it on someones Shelf, although you might find one that a racer no longer needs, and the runners could be modified to work on the Engine Configuration that is in the SlingShot.
This is the type of manifold that would work well to help produce more power on any Chevy Ecotec 4 cyl, especially in Turbo and and Blower Configurations.
My reasoning for posting this Manifold was to show fellow SlingShot owners who are craving more Horsepower, that they could connect with Hogan's Manifolds, and have a custom one built to fit the SlingShot
.............................. tom n carol
we are a whole lot smarter than we look
Shocks1.JPG

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
View attachment 43379

This Intake Manifold is custom made by Hogan's. One of the Premier Custom Intake Manifold fabricators in the Racing Community.
The Manifold I posted is a 100% Custom made on Order, and Yes it is not Mass produced, I know this and I also know that one will not find it on someones Shelf, although you might find one that a racer no longer needs, and the runners could be modified to work on the Engine Configuration that is in the SlingShot.
This is the type of manifold that would work well to help produce more power on any Chevy Ecotec 4 cyl, especially in Turbo and and Blower Configurations.
My reasoning for posting this Manifold was to show fellow SlingShot owners who are craving more Horsepower, that they could connect with Hogan's Manifolds, and have a custom one built to fit the SlingShot
.............................. tom n carol
we are a whole lot smarter than we look
View attachment 43378

Follow @Shack build, an intake being custom built. No disrespect @Rist Rocket Racing

·
Registered
925 Posts
Today installed the P&P Throttle Body... Very simple install. I was able to run out and test the gains/performance before the it started to rain. I will say I can definitely feel a nice gain... I feel like I am gaining more in 3rd gear. The Butt Dyno I would say 4 or 5 HP - it is breathing better and I am happy with the results. Thanks Brian @Rist Rocket Racing :D

·
Registered
925 Posts
Does it rev any faster. Mine revs so slow compared to my other cars
Yes for sure... I had to adjust my driving - meaning my rear tire broke away a little quicker for sure. I can feel the difference and it's not KICK IN THE FACE ... It's a woooow okay I feel the difference and I need to adjust my driving habits. :) U will be happy with it I believe

21 - 40 of 68 Posts