Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

As a Future Slingshot Owner, Do you own another Polaris Product Right Now?

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had some discussion at my dealership today about how many Slingshot customers would be already existing Polaris current or previous owners and fans of the brand vs. a completely new customer that otherwise would have never visited my dealership. I figured a good way to answer this question with a good deal of accuracy would be to ask the members that plan to purchase one if they currently owned another Polaris product such as a Ranger, RZR, ATV, Snowmobile, or Victory/Indian Motorcycle. As I begin to put together the various marketing campaigns that my dealership will be doing for the Slingshot, this information would be very important in deciding if I should target my already existing Polaris customers or go after a completely new group of people. Thanks in advance..

·
Vendor
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just a suggestion, but you should be able to vote for how many have we owned in the past. I recently sold 2, so i have none now, but have owned 8 since 2003 in all thanks paul

there were a jagged x and a 900 orange maddness, both 2013's

looking for another soon i hope
Excellent idea I had not thought of, I tried to revise the poll but it would not let me :(

·
Vendor
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can change the title of the thread but not the poll title or questions. I guess lets just say that past ownership counts lol.

·
Vendor
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Changed the title and first post... close enough lol.

It's looking very much like this is going to be a lot of new people coming on board

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have always had Yamaha everything. Bikes, atvs, watercraft. This will be my first Polaris. I currently still have a Rhino and Grizzly 660 for trail riding. My friends all jumped on the RZR wagon, but I held strong hoping Yamaha would get off their butt and come out with something cool and fast. That didn't happen so I started looking for my next toy, and this is where I ended up. My closest Slingshot dealer is 75 miles from my house. After they did some quick warranty work on my rhino without any hassle, I told them I would buy my next one from them. Six weeks later, I put my money down on this.
BTW, I have a Yamaha dealer less than 3 miles from my house but couldn't get my bike warrantied for 6-8 weeks with them since I didn't purchase it there.
Shows that customer service is still the key to sales.

Stephen.

·
Registered
86 Posts
well not a future owner... but I will keep promoting it cause it's so dang cool!

part of the reason I love the slingshot as an idea is because I have 2 Polaris :D

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Another interesting poll would be if folks own/owned other brands.

I can't say that I am shocked there are so many new people. This is such a completely new category that people who wouldn't even consider a motorcycle would like. And while SxS is a growing market it scratches a completely different itch.

I think I will start another poll asking if folks have owned or own motorcycles. Might be interesting results as well.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Another interesting poll would be if folks own/owned other brands.

I can't say that I am shocked there are so many new people. This is such a completely new category that people who wouldn't even consider a motorcycle would like. And while SxS is a growing market it scratches a completely different itch.

I think I will start another poll asking if folks have owned or own motorcycles. Might be interesting results as well.
Nice idea!

I think the SS will look a bit the same people from T-Rex, the owners of T-Rex who had bikes are not much, more sports car enthusiasts!

Go ahead with your POLL!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts