Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Do you currently own or have ever owned a motorcycle?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious who is new to motorcycles in general. I have never owned one though have ridden a few. I am sure dealers might want to know this info since they don't sell "cars" at their dealerships.

And make no mistake - this is a 3 wheeled car despite what the Feds categorize it as.

Thank you for your participation!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Owned several on and off over the years. Had my current one for three years.

I'm interested in seeing how the SS handles. I find a motorcycle can be very relaxing as it almost floating down a curvy road. Since it leans, you don't experience any side load forces. The SS will be a much different experience.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Owned several on and off over the years. Had my current one for three years.

I'm interested in seeing how the SS handles. I find a motorcycle can be very relaxing as it almost floating down a curvy road. Since it leans, you don't experience any side load forces. The SS will be a much different experience.
I don't think no floating here. It be like when you bite into a York Peppermint Patty!
You'll be whisked away into your own little world were it will only be you and the turn!

So kind of like floating down a curvy road, SS style! :cool:

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Lost track of how many I've owned. Current bikes are Kaw Versys and a Suz DR650

·
Registered
59 Posts
Currently have 19...one of which is a three wheeled "motorcycle".

No the SS won't be a motorcycle...but it's not really a car either. It's certainly not like riding a Spyder (had one of those too). I read where everyone is wanting to make this mod and that mod but if anything like the Morgan 3 Wheeler...it will be pretty damn fun as delivered and most don't know what they are getting into until they come in and log some miles. The only thing I will add to mine initially will be a radar detector. You don't necessarily have to fly down the roads to have fun but sometimes fun leads you over the speed limit slightly. It will never be a dragster nor will it be a sports car...it's a different kind of fun in a category of its own. Once in their hands, some will hate it, some will love it. It is like a motorcycle in the respect of whatever the weather is doing, you'll experience it first hand.

Z

·
Registered
291 Posts
Not only have I never owned a motorcycle, I've never even ridden one in my life.

I'm a car enthusiast through and through.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Tons of motorcycles over the years. I ride all year in most conditions. I'm a hopeless addict. Current bikes are lightly modded Suzuki B-King and a little ninja 250 for the rain/winter weather.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just curious who is new to motorcycles in general. I have never owned one though have ridden a few. I am sure dealers might want to know this info since they don't sell "cars" at their dealerships.

And make no mistake - this is a 3 wheeled car despite what the Feds categorize it as.

Thank you for your participation!
If enough people say that the Feds might classify it as such.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Harleys 2002 roadking classic sold it today. 2009 Rocker C sold 2 weeks ago . I am keeping the 2011 vrod. I have been riding for 35 years. I have owned most styles of Harleys, a Ducati Honda and Kawi sport bikes, and lastly just sold my Segway. I hope the Slingshot is worth it !. My Harleys all had belts and none have ever whined.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts