Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Polaris, we love you but...

You have come a long way since your opening announcement the end of July when you engaged your dealers to start accepting orders from interested buyers and to take deposits from those buyers. You were promising delivery the first of October. But never in your wildest dreams did you expect such a large response of orders. You and no one on your staff was prepared for such a large response. You just started production at your Spirit Lake plant the first of August. All of us are aware that Spirit Lake has great staff and workers in that plant but the learning curve to produce the SS was just too great for them to get production rolling fast enough to solve your delivery problem. You never once informed your deposit holding buyers that you have a problem. Then you promised to start shipping the first of November... But shipping did not really start until the end of November. Now your latest communication states that NOW you will "ramp-up" shipping... This is a day or two before Christmas and NOW you will increase shipping... This is not what we expected from you... There are many buyers with deposits placed in August and September still waiting for delivery. That is 4 and 5 months ago and not a word from you that "I feel your pain". Never have you once said "Sorry guys we screwed up", or "Sorry guys we were not prepared for the volume of orders we received"... It is time for you to step up and make a statement to those guys and gals that placed deposits way back in August and September and have yet to receive delivery. Throw them a bone... Anyone with a deposit placed in August that is not delivered before the end of December will receive a free Cockpit Cover... Anyone with a deposit placed in September that is not delivered before the end of December will receive a $100.00 credit at his/her Polaris dealership on any Polaris product.

If you would communicate something like this it would show true understanding and feeling on your part to a group of buyers that feel left out... The SS product could become the greatest product you have ever produced... And Polaris as a company will continue to grow beyond your wildest dreams...

Yes there is love, especially at this time of the year, Christmas...

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
They only respond in the form of announcements and they're very careful about specific language. They leave things vague and convoluted which makes people interpret things differently. As good as your intent is, and believe me I agree, they won't respond. Trust me.........But I'll take a free cover as an apology Polaris! :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I put a deposit down on mine on July 28th. I ordered a base model with all the stuff to upgrade to an SL. My dealership indicated that I could expect delivery at the end of September or early October at the latest. I was told they were to receive one base and two SL's in the initial shipment. My dealership handles all the Polaris ATV's, has been handling Victory motorcycles for quite some time and took on the Indian product line (of which I bought 2) in a big way. The dealership handles all the major marques except Honda and have been selling Indians like crazy which has been their biggest seller since it's release.

At the end of September, the dealership called my office leaving a message...about a SlingShot. To say the least, I was excited. After contacting the dealership, the message was clarified...my accessories to upgrade the SS were in...but naturally, no SS.

The SlingShot is my 7th vehicle to purchase from this dealership this year and therefore, I have a little ability to put pressure on them. We have a good working relationship and when I asked about delivery for the SS...if they can't find out...they don't fabricate a "checks in the mail" story and just straight up tell me they don't know. At one point, I was in the dealership and the SS display stuff was rigged up...seemed like a good sign. A week later, I was back at the dealership and the SS display was drug off into a back corner of their "megaplex". I asked what was up and was told that they didn't want to burn up floor space on something that was no where near ready to deliver. I was also told that a Polaris rep was in a closed-door meeting there at that time. When the meeting broke up, no one was smiling when they walked out the door and suspect some ass chewing was going on base on appearance.

In the business office where all the deals are closed, they have a dry-mark board where my name still remains at the top of the list. They did receive two SL's...one was delivered to a depositor...the other retained as a demo. Although I cut my deal with the dealership...the deal was based on information Polaris conveyed to them. I didn't cut a deal with Polaris directly and therefore don't feel they duped me...but in the long run, the end result is the same. I don't and won't blame my dealership as they have always bent over backwards to be helpful to me. It's just an awkward situation where I feel like Polaris has left their dealerships in a bad position. If I wasn't such a fun junkie or had not ordered all the bits to upgrade to an SL, I may have walked on this deal just on general principle. On the other hand, I do own a Morgan reverse three wheeler. Once they announced the release of it, their response was over-whelming too. The difference is that they rushed the M3W into production and it has some serious mechanical warts because they jumped the gun before all the R&D work was done. That, with a piss poor warranty just left many of us holding the bag on a beautiful vehicle that is mechanically unfit for use. It's not a matter of if it will break down but when it will break down...and that is pampering it. That makes me a little less anxious on the SS as I don't need another vehicle that I don't trust to get me back home.

It is irritating that Polaris hasn't kept the depositors in the loop...and I also find it irritating that Polaris is sending me generic emails every other day trying to encourage me to buy an SS....when I've been trying my best since July. I still have no conclusive indicators of when I will have mine.

Z

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
I was told by my dealer that if I didnt put a deposit down I probably wouldnt get a slingshot this coming summer, so I put a deposit down and willing to pay a little more for the first shipments delivered. Then I sat waiting to pay the premium because I wanted one bad. Then dealers start popping up all over the US with on the floor ready to sell units for less money. I can either wait and pay more or buy now and pay less with another dealer. How is that fair to your committed customers and dealers?
I decided to switch now, pay less and have my slingshot. The original dealer is then not happy with me switching and wanting to keep my deposit and it turns what should be a happy occasion for spending my hard earned money, into a drama filled encounter and taking away from the full enjoyment I should have experienced. Polaris has created this golden goose scenario for some dealers by this lack of information and unorganized system of delivery.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
I know there are a lot of stories out there where deposit holder feel screwed and let down. I indeed feel for you. But let's not let this get to a bitch secession with Polaris. That is not my intension. I just want Polaris to know that there are a log of good people out here that are pissed and feel they got screwed. It is time to step up Polaris.
You might just delete this thread, a forum is for postings, and you are calling Polaris out for their communication and shipping practices. I was giving my personal experience for them to also read that pertained to the same issues you are addressing. When you open a thread with this kind of content, this is the type of responses you will receive.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Polaris doesn't give a rats a$$ about you, me or anyone here. I feel bad for some of the good dealers that are taking it up the butt and losing customers. You might love Polaris..... I don't

·
Registered
776 Posts
Wow, the natives are getting restless....
I am not in a hate Polaris mode. I just want Polaris to understand our frustration with the situation.
I agree. I have been waiting for my Slingshot since Aug. I am not in the hate mode. I just don't think Polaris cares what You , Me, or any one else thinks .

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I agree. I have been waiting for my Slingshot since Aug. I am not in the hate mode. I just don't think Polaris cares what You , Me, or any one else thinks .
I bought a new Victory Highball and an Indian Chieftain last February. They have sent out lots of little goodies the last 11 months to new Indian owners, most of it personalized. They may have underestimated the demand for the Slingshot, and there were some glitches in production, but to say they just don't care? Nah, go buy an Indian and after a few months tell me they just don't care.

·
Registered
852 Posts
All you early depositors should feel blessed that you may get a Slingshot produced December 2014 or later. These units seem to have fewer flaws. I have told my dealer I will wait until one comes in with this production date or later.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
All you early depositors should feel blessed that you may get a Slingshot produced December 2014 or later. These units seem to have fewer flaws. I have told my dealer I will wait until one comes in with this production date or later.
Welcome to the forum.:)

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Honestly, as much as I've read here, flaws seem to be inconsistent with regard to production date. Moreover, late delivery date does not mean late production date.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I put a deposit down on mine on July 28th. I ordered a base model with all the stuff to upgrade to an SL. My dealership indicated that I could expect delivery at the end of September or early October at the latest. I was told they were to receive one base and two SL's in the initial shipment. My dealership handles all the Polaris ATV's, has been handling Victory motorcycles for quite some time and took on the Indian product line (of which I bought 2) in a big way. The dealership handles all the major marques except Honda and have been selling Indians like crazy which has been their biggest seller since it's release.

At the end of September, the dealership called my office leaving a message...about a SlingShot. To say the least, I was excited. After contacting the dealership, the message was clarified...my accessories to upgrade the SS were in...but naturally, no SS.

The SlingShot is my 7th vehicle to purchase from this dealership this year and therefore, I have a little ability to put pressure on them. We have a good working relationship and when I asked about delivery for the SS...if they can't find out...they don't fabricate a "checks in the mail" story and just straight up tell me they don't know. At one point, I was in the dealership and the SS display stuff was rigged up...seemed like a good sign. A week later, I was back at the dealership and the SS display was drug off into a back corner of their "megaplex". I asked what was up and was told that they didn't want to burn up floor space on something that was no where near ready to deliver. I was also told that a Polaris rep was in a closed-door meeting there at that time. When the meeting broke up, no one was smiling when they walked out the door and suspect some ass chewing was going on base on appearance.

In the business office where all the deals are closed, they have a dry-mark board where my name still remains at the top of the list. They did receive two SL's...one was delivered to a depositor...the other retained as a demo. Although I cut my deal with the dealership...the deal was based on information Polaris conveyed to them. I didn't cut a deal with Polaris directly and therefore don't feel they duped me...but in the long run, the end result is the same. I don't and won't blame my dealership as they have always bent over backwards to be helpful to me. It's just an awkward situation where I feel like Polaris has left their dealerships in a bad position. If I wasn't such a fun junkie or had not ordered all the bits to upgrade to an SL, I may have walked on this deal just on general principle. On the other hand, I do own a Morgan reverse three wheeler. Once they announced the release of it, their response was over-whelming too. The difference is that they rushed the M3W into production and it has some serious mechanical warts because they jumped the gun before all the R&D work was done. That, with a piss poor warranty just left many of us holding the bag on a beautiful vehicle that is mechanically unfit for use. It's not a matter of if it will break down but when it will break down...and that is pampering it. That makes me a little less anxious on the SS as I don't need another vehicle that I don't trust to get me back home.

It is irritating that Polaris hasn't kept the depositors in the loop...and I also find it irritating that Polaris is sending me generic emails every other day trying to encourage me to buy an SS....when I've been trying my best since July. I still have no conclusive indicators of when I will have mine.

Z
Z freak'n NAILED It.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I bought a new Victory Highball and an Indian Chieftain last February. They have sent out lots of little goodies the last 11 months to new Indian owners, most of it personalized. They may have underestimated the demand for the Slingshot, and there were some glitches in production, but to say they just don't care? Nah, go buy an Indian and after a few months tell me they just don't care.
Well in time I might change my mind. The Indian motorcycles look really nice. I just don't want one. Polaris is up against stiff competition in the motorcycle market . A lot of other manufacturers in that area !!! No real competition in the Slingshot market. So we might not get the same service from Polaris. Time will tell !

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I just want it. I'll even put up with some warts. I still don't understand the slow delivery. It sounds like they made enough for the early orders, they just can't get them here for some reason.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I just want it. I'll even put up with some warts. I still don't understand the slow delivery. It sounds like they made enough for the early orders, they just can't get them here for some reason.
I here you Otter. But at this point. I really don't know what to think. This has just been crazy. I know it's just a toy. But I have never been through anything like this !!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
8 to a truck , only so many trained delivery people .

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.