Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are many of us that have been watching this potential project for a really long time. For over a year, we have thought that Polaris has had something up their sleeves, and today is the first day where have sweet sweet validation! The video above proves that Polaris does indeed have something ready for launch on the 27th of July!

From what we can tell, and what has been rumored, the Polaris Slingshot is a street legal machine that has an open top and apparently no doors. The Slingshot, from what we can tell from the Patent Drawings and Spy Shots, is a 3-wheeled car that has two wheels up front and one in the rear. We are not 100% sure if it is a front wheel drive car, or rear just yet.

The details are a little light, but I can tell you from the video and these screen caps is this: Polaris is ALL IN on this new product, and they have abandoned the CVT in favor of a manual shift transmission... I say that they are "All In" due to the fact that you can spy in the video that they will likely have a full line of Slingshot Branded outerwear based on the fact that the driver is wearing gloves. This leads me to believe that the slingshot is, as rumored, open topped with no roof available!

Also, you see the driver is swapping cogs with his right hand instead of the foot down and go of a CVT transmission in virtually their full line of vehicles. An interesting departure for sure! I for one and excited to think that they have three pedals on the floor and a shifter for your right hand!

The next video is slated to release on July 7th, and subsequent videos all the way up to the full release on the 27th of July! It might just be a second Independence day for many of us!

Check out the teaser site complete will email signup, schedule of video releases, and a countdown clock: Polaris Slingshot Teaser Site

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's a really cool build! I like a lot of the fabrication work that went into it.
Thanks 4Nines. It really is fun to drive after I got it all setup and aligned. It is like getting back to nature as you see and smell everything around you. I put over 150 miles on it Saturday just cruising around. It was that much fun!

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Thanks 4Nines. It really is fun to drive after I got it all setup and aligned. It is like getting back to nature as you see and smell everything around you. I put over 150 miles on it Saturday just cruising around. It was that much fun!
And that is exactly why I think the Slingshot, if priced right will be a hit. You know better than most how much fun a three-wheeled roadster can be :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts