Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size wheel and tires do you think the Slingshot would come standard with? With it being a three wheeled vehicle I'd love to see a big beefy 315 wide tire out back :cool:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm with you there on this thing, but from a pricing standpoint, you have to go with what's motorcycle cheap - ie. what can sell high and cost them low.

Considering the size of my Elise tires, 195/45/16 FRONT and 225/55/17 REAR, I'd guess we're somewhere in this neighborhood for a similarly sized vehicle.

BUT the devil in me can still HOPE!!!! :p

·
Registered
110 Posts
What size wheel and tires do you think the Slingshot would come standard with? With it being a three wheeled vehicle I'd love to see a big beefy 315 wide tire out back :cool:
A 315 would be sweet! I stuffed 315s in the back of my Vette, and while they looked so freakin' wide off the car, when mounted you don't really get the same feeling. On an open three-wheeled vehicle it would be a steamroller!!

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the more open the rear of the car is the wider the tires tend to look. I will be researching hard to find the widest tire I can find on the stock rim as soon as I get my Slingshot. So all the info will be posted up here as soon as it becomes available :)

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't forget to research drag slicks/ radials. I can't wait to see what this thing will pull in the 1/4 mile!
I already have a stack of slicks and radials in my garage that I am hoping fit. The first thing I'm going to do is a 1/4 mile run with the stock tire for a base line and then swap it out for a sticky slick or drag radial and see how much time it shaves off.

·
Registered
110 Posts
^ Excellent, can't wait!

Tangent: I ran mostly 12.9s all day at a track rental a couple years ago in my Vette, and those runs were with the stock Goodyear Runcraps!
I have yet to go back now that I have Michelin PS2's, but I'm sure it would do better. They're much lighter and stickier.

·
Registered
110 Posts
1998 C5 in triple black (convertible). They are very forgiving of the rules for convertibles, on track rental days. ;)
I think published #s for the C5s were supposed to be around 13.5 sec 1/4 mile.
I guess I shaved off 6 tenths because of my Vararam intake, Stage II Jet Performance module, and B&B bullet exhaust with Borla X pipe.

I picked up a set of 3:42 gears off an '04 Z06 a couple years ago (my stock gears are 2:73), So i'd like to go back to the track with the 3:42s and a higher stall torque converter (yes, sadly it's and A4 transmission - but it's good for the track!) . . .

. . . that is all assuming I don't sell the Vette for a Slingshot!

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Judging by the "spy" photo of the tires that the fronts are 205s. The patent drawings show the rear tire just a little bigger than the fronts so I am guessing:
205/45/17 fronts
225/45/17 rear (maybe 245)

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes. I believe as large as a 315 can be mounted up before we would have to modify the swingarm. Maybe not a BFG 315, but I'm pretty sure a Nitto 315 drag radial would fit nicely.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
That's what I was afraid of. Hopefully I can get some wheel specs (backspace, lug pattern) prior to delivery. At least we know that a 10" will def fit (since the 18" is by 10")

1 - 20 of 34 Posts