Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I am not as concerned about the front as much as the rear. I think 205 might be fine. Maybe 225 with a larger meat on the back.

Definitely want wider on the back.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The fronts aren't as crucial, but I can just imagine how sick a stanced out Slingshot will look with big rollers up front and a big ole fatty out back :cool:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ok dude... FIRST, you make me spit out my morning coffee with the rim reveal the other day... :eek:

NOW you're posting pics of tires you're throwing on yours after you get it... :eek: (what rim size are those?)

You better start spilling the beans man!! :mad:

Do you work for them, or are you just into causing others to burst into schizophrenia?? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ok dude... FIRST, you make me spit out my morning coffee with the rim reveal the other day... :eek:

NOW you're posting pics of tires you're throwing on yours after you get it... :eek: (what rim size are those?)

You better start spilling the beans man!! :mad:

Do you work for them, or are you just into causing others to burst into schizophrenia?? :confused:
LOL I ordered these tires for a hot rod 1947 Ford COE project that I'm working on. They are going on 16'' wide wheels :)

I have a stack of other sticky tires in my garage from racing Pikes Peak. So I hope that I have something that will fit on the stock wheels as soon as the Slingshot comes in.

·
Registered
167 Posts
LOL I ordered these ... So I hope that I have something that will fit on the stock wheels as soon as the Slingshot comes in.
HMMMMMMMMMM

You're leaving something out, Fibby Fiberton!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
You know, in looking at the schematics, should the production vehicle follow them similarly enough, I don't see being able to add a much wider rear at all, because the swingarm itself is in the way. At max, it looks like 1.5-2.5"

See?

Screen Shot 2014-07-23 at 7.33.08 PM.png

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I was looking at the same thing. I think you can theoretically put as wide a wheel as you want as long as you have the correct backspace BUT the tire would be off center. I wonder what affect that has on dynamics?

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
An additional inch of tire could make a big difference visually. Plus if you add a wider wheel with less offset then there could be even more room for tire.

·
Registered
167 Posts
True, the question then becomes what the change in driving dynamics would be and of course, cost for the poor who should start a Kickstarter for potato salad.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
An additional inch of tire could make a big difference visually. Plus if you add a wider wheel with less offset then there could be even more room for tire.
The problem is that the belt will be in the way if you try to go with too much offset which will then make the wheel off center. Can't wait to start playing with it though!

·
Registered
167 Posts
This must be a Marketing guy Vs Engineering guy conversation!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts