Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
So this photo of the Polaris Slingshot wheel and brake just surfaced!

I can't quite make out the wheel size from the photo, but the disc brake certainly seems to fill out the wheel nicely. It also looks to have pretty standard 5 lug bolt pattern.

I think the tire size is a 205/60ZP/xx

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
This may also be the lower priced vehicle's wheel since the video, with the red slingshot, matches fairly well with the spy shot red car. The disks also look smaller in the spy photo wheels as well - the calipers are all at the rear of the wheel (on both front and rear wheels).

·
Registered
47 Posts
The tire looks like it says 205/50ZR??, this would most likely be a front tire like mentioned. Since the calipers are at the rear of the rotor I would say it is safe to assume this is a picture of the RF wheel.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You are a crafty devil... I have some time off today, wish the video had a higher quality version, because then I could reverse engineer it and get some better images for you guys.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Man, I was just thinking . . . how nice would it be if the bolt pattern and hub matches a modern Vette? There's always tons of sets of C5 or C6 wheel and tire combos for sale, and since their usually staggered and the back are wider, when you roasted the one tire you'd still have another one mounted and ready to go! Or . . . you'd have a spare wheel to have a drag radial mounted to!

Wishful thinking?!?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Let's hope Polaris left enough room to fit a 9.5" wide wheel up front for a 245/255/265/275 tire.
Might be asking too much, since the speculated 205 would be sitting on a ~ 6.5" wide wheel.
Room out back for a 10.5" wide wheel would be nice for a 315 tire.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would assume that there is room for an extra inch or so on the rims. We will just have to do a lot of test fitting to see exactly what rubs and what doesn't.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts