Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts

The excitement in this guy's voice reminds me of the kind of excitement that I felt the first time that I saw an exotic car on the road when I was just a lad. I cannot imagine how I would react if my young self saw a Slingshot for the first time. I have been lucky enough to be able to drive and ride in some truly special cars in my lifetime, and I always loved to look over and see a little boy or girl, with their nose pressed against the window, not wanting to miss a single second of the car as it passed. It made my day to know that I had made their day by just enjoying a special car where it was meant to be enjoyed, the open road.

I think that we are going to see a lot of this once the Slingshot starts hitting the roads. The lucky few that will get the first run of Slingshots will be on the cameras and cell phones of so many strangers for simply driving something so radically different on the roadways around the US. I don't even want to talk about the number of questions that they are going to have to answer during fuel stops. Get ready to make some days ladies and gentlemen!

Thanks to Centhron for tracking down this video. See it in the second post of this thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
If you really want make a big big smile in children's face when you are stopped somewhere...just say to the kid: Hey...you want to jump behind the steering...

I have done this several time with the T-Rex and believe me you gonna have a big big smile and the mother/father takes pictures of his kids moving the steering Wheel thinking he's in a F1 car...you not going to make their day...but their month! loll

·
Registered
410 Posts
If you really want make a big big smile in children's face when you are stopped somewhere...just say to the kid: Hey...you want to jump behind the steering...

I have done this several time with the T-Rex and believe me you gonna have a big big smile and the mother/father takes pictures of his kids moving the steering Wheel thinking he's in a F1 car...you not going to make their day...but their month! loll
That's a cool thing to do Centhron.

·
Registered
330 Posts

Thats great! Going to do!

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I found that video on Youtube a while ago and I thought about the reaction I'll be getting here this winter. As far as I can tell, there aren't a lot of people here from Oregon (at least not that responded to my post about Oregon buyers.) Of the people that are, the majority probably won't ride in the cold rain. In addition, the folks that will are probably not near me. I'll likely be one of the only people in my area riding around in the SS. I plan on giving good memories to a lot of people. Especially curious kids who might end up with Slingshot posters on their bedroom walls (they still make posters right?) Okay kids with Slingshot screensavers I mean. Lol....It meant a lot to me as a kid and it feels good to give that back.

·
Banned
118 Posts

The excitement in this guy's voice reminds me of the kind of excitement that I felt the first time that I saw an exotic car on the road when I was just a lad. I cannot imagine how I would react if my young self saw a Slingshot for the first time. I have been lucky enough to be able to drive and ride in some truly special cars in my lifetime, and I always loved to look over and see a little boy or girl, with their nose pressed against the window, not wanting to miss a single second of the car as it passed. It made my day to know that I had made their day by just enjoying a special car where it was meant to be enjoyed, the open road.

I think that we are going to see a lot of this once the Slingshot starts hitting the roads. The lucky few that will get the first run of Slingshots will be on the cameras and cell phones of so many strangers for simply driving something so radically different on the roadways around the US. I don't even want to talk about the number of questions that they are going to have to answer during fuel stops. Get ready to make some days ladies and gentlemen!

Thanks to Centhron for tracking down this video. See it in the second post of this thread.
Please submit your photos and video clips to SLINGSHORTS FILM FEST... (free)
SLINGSHORTS FILM FESTIVAL: "Take Your Shot"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts