Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

How Much Will the Polaris Slingshot Be?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True! I'm going off their UTV pricing. I think I will probably be more than a loaded XP. So that probably puts it in at least the $25k range.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I saw somewhere online that $17500 was a goal but I'm thinking $25,000. With 50mpg I could justify a bit more in fuel savings. I put 15,000 miles on my bike last year, I'm totally going to drive this everyday.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw somewhere online that $17500 was a goal but I'm thinking $25,000. With 50mpg I could justify a bit more in fuel savings. I put 15,000 miles on my bike last year, I'm totally going to drive this everyday.
That's what I'm talking about! It would make for the perfect cruise to work or around town :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's what I'm talking about! It would make for the perfect cruise to work or around town :cool:
Last winter was pretty mild here in Salt Lake, I rode my bike every day it was above 30 degrees. I got caught in a couple snow storms but it wasn't too bad. It would be pretty easy to install a heater in the Slingshot and drive through most of the year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Polaris Industries churns out a lot of machines, I'm hoping they put that manufacturing volume to good use. The T-Rex is $60K which is stupid. The Morgan Trike is $36K and hand built like the original from 80 years ago.
For the Slingshot, I think low $20K makes sense with Polaris' volume and manufacturing cost.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Let's look at some of Polaris Industries' Products for pricing:
2012 Gem2 Electric Road Vehicle $7829
e2_new.jpg
2013 RZR XP 900 EFI $15,999
rzr_xp_900_02.jpg
2013 Pro-RMK 163 $12,499
800_pro_rmk_163_p1.jpg
2014 Victory Cross Country 15th Anniv $29,995
15th_crs_cty_tour_p4.jpg

Polaris also has a stake in KTM as well:
KTM X-Bow "Street" $69,000 (not available in the US)
Carbon fiber monocoque with crash box in visible carbon fiber
Audi 2.0 TFSI motor with direct fuel Injection and 177 kW (240 h.p)
Smooth surface racing underbody with a rear diffuser in aluminium composite
6-speed manual gearbox
Mechanical limited slip differential
Sports suspension
Individually adjustable pedals
Adjustable and detachable multi-functional steering wheel
Keyless go system
Painted Rims
4-point safety belt

x-bow-crash_600x0w.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Considering that a T-Rex is about $70k, a Morgan is about $50k and a fully loaded Can-Am Spyder is about $30k I have no idea what to expect. You'd think that Polaris would directly be targeting the Spyder and that they would be competitive with that.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, I'm sure power-to-weight ratio is no comparison, so that's not it.
Just seems to me that for a Vette in the mid twenties you can do 12 sec. 1/4 mile, drive in the rain, and have heat and A/C when needed.
I'd gladly get wet and sacrifice heat & A/C for, let's say 18K, much like a nice bike.
For me to pay over 20K it would have some seriously kick ass suspension and brakes, with some very sticky performance tires - like Michelin PS2s

1 - 20 of 104 Posts