Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
^^^That's probably a 90 degree yank of the wheel at 60 mph. With the stability control on it won't let you spin out at all. With it off you have to throw it really hard sideways to get the back to come completely around.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
^^^That's probably a 90 degree yank of the wheel at 60 mph. With the stability control on it won't let you spin out at all. With it off you have to throw it really hard sideways to get the back to come completely around.
That is really curious dynamics (which I can't wait to experience for myself!).

Low traction on launch but high traction laterally? Is it because so much weight is forward near the front axle? I assume there is minimal force on the rear tire laterally, since most of the weight if far forward, and it grips better.

I read (on this awesome site!) that the weight distribution is somewhere around 64% front 36% rear. Would you concur?

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
I would say it's because of the huge front swaybar and the wide front end. It didn't feel like the back was light at all. The center of gravity felt like it was right under the shifter. The only reason for low traction launches was because of the ample power and torque from the engine. Even though it sounded like we were burning the tires off we were still accelerating at a high speed. It really didn't feel like it was only a three-wheeled vehicle. I think a lot of people pigeonhole the Slingshot because it on has three wheels, but I personally don't think that makes it any less of a high performance vehicle.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I would say it's because of the huge front swaybar and the wide front end. It didn't feel like the back was light at all. The center of gravity felt like it was right under the shifter. The only reason for low traction launches was because of the ample power and torque from the engine. Even though it sounded like we were burning the tires off we were still accelerating at a high speed. It really didn't feel like it was only a three-wheeled vehicle. I think a lot of people pigeonhole the Slingshot because it on has three wheels, but I personally don't think that makes it any less of a high performance vehicle.
I hope in less than 60 day's I can come back and say you was right on with your post you have been making the last month .

·
Registered
246 Posts
I wish the larger diameter silver and black wheels came in that "anthracite" darker finish as the smaller wheels in the photo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts