Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
My impression from the video is a helmet will be a good idea for face/eye protection from bugs and flying debris. I've got a nice 3/4 HJC helmet with face shield and a drop-down visor that should do the trick on a slingshot. Other than that, prob nothing more exotic than jeans, driving shoes and a weather-appropriate jacket.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with quite a few ideas, and Uncle Fester, depending on the weather, definitely helmet, and a protective jacket of some kind, getting hit by debris ( a rock ) , at 80 miles really hurts , i mean 65

·
Registered
414 Posts
I suspect many of us already motorcycle gear. I would most likely use what I have until I wear it out or figure out what I really need.

I would probably get a 3/4 face or lid style helmet. I'd probably get tired of full face in VA summers. I force myself to do it on a motorcycle. Probably wouldn't have that same discipline in a SS.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My thought is that most of the gear I wear on the bike is for crash protection. If a slingshot crash leads to road rash, something's gone very seriously wrong. Helmet, absolutely. Gloves, maybe. Jacket...probably something but not the crazy heavy armored stuff.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I've got the collared shirt and the long sleeved zip up with a collar. Both are nice, but I'd like more black than gray used in the apparel, it just looks more aggressive.

Both of these are very comfortable and are pretty much dry when you pull them out of the wash, so the will wick water away quite well.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I've got the collared shirt and the long sleeved zip up with a collar. Both are nice, but I'd like more black than gray used in the apparel, it just looks more aggressive.

Both of these are very comfortable and are pretty much dry when you pull them out of the wash, so the will wick water away quite well.
Great for those sudden rain showers that pop up!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'll be using my Klim gear that I use for riding my BMW GSA, I have too many helmets to choose from so I'll use my primary one Lazer Carbon Fiber Modular. My Electric vest for those cold days that I'll plug in the 12 volt mod I'll do on the drivers side on the base model I'm getting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm thinking about wearing my (m.c.) Hit-Air, CO2 air-bag jacket, if, the seatbelts don't interfere with the deployment function. I have seven helmets to choose from. I'll probably go with my Shoie m.c. fullface w/drop-down sunglasses. In cold winter weather I might use my full set of two-piece leathers. (I gotta use'm, after all, I paid 2,300 bucks for those suckers.) Batt-op gloves on cold days. Otherwise, I'll just wear jeans, sweatshirt, low cut m.c. shoes, and weather appropriate jacket. I gotta protect my poor ol' 68 y.o. has-been body.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts