Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume for many of the members here the Slingshot will be a fair weather toy. I also assume that there will be those diehards that just love it so much that they will drive it through any weather condition! So that leads me to my question. What sort of driving gear will you consider wearing or having with you at all times?

For the most part, I think the Slingshot will be a fair weather vehicle for me. I plan on keeping a light rain suit with me just in case I get caught in a stray storm, but for the majority of the time I think casual clothing and sunglasses will suffice. If I plan a longer trip then I will probably opt for a light motorcycle type jacket, helmet and gloves.

What will you wear?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yeah, rain gear would be a must especially here in Texas. I'm in need of a new Motorcycle Jacket anyways. I've been looking at the ICON line. They seem to have made some huge improvements in quality over the past few years.

Here's the gloves I'm looking at:

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ICON has some really nice looking stuff!

What would be cool is if Polaris used their apparel company to make a Slingshot line of clothing. I hadn't looked at the Victory clothing until and they have some pretty cool stuff.

This heated jacked could be a really nice accessory for winter driving: Victory Motorcycles

I really dig the vintage look of this jacket as well: Victory Motorcycles

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other than always storing some rain gear my daily driving gear will probably very. Since I live less than 2 miles from work I will probably just wear jeans, t-shirt and helmet most of the time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Considering that I live 50 minutes east of Raleigh, I could actually drive the Slingshot up to the 2nd or 3rd week in December and have it parked till the 3rd week of February or first week of March.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts