Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
43 Posts
Just after my birthday. That will be a nice gift to get myself! Looks like Dan already updated the counter on the home page as well.

Awesome, thank you for the info!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hope they will be better than some of the other similar 3 wheelers. The others I have driven seem to handle too much like a snowmobile.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Spyder, Reversed Goldwing Trike. Thats it for 3 wheeled vehicles with 2 wheels up front. There is a company testing another 2 front wheel design, I can not think of the name right off hand, They are suppose to have several different body panels to accomadate several different bikes. I am a Valkyrie nut sort of and they are using one for there prototypes. I have not riden that one as of yet though.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
That's still more experience then I have had in three-wheeled vehicles. So did either of those feel sporty? Did they make you want to drive them fast in the corners?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The spyder did but I am not a snowmobile fan. The Goldwing not so much. That other company that is developing one is called
Endeavor Universal Reverse Trike Conversion

·
Registered
151 Posts
So, based on that, I expect the Slingshot to make a significant improvement on handling since the center of gravity is so much lower than the Spyder

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Slingshot definitely seems to have a nice weight bias, but I think pointing it aggressively into corners is going to take a lot of trust from the nannytronics.
In a closed course condition with the nannytronics turned off, I think it's gonna be pretty fecking fun to watch and/or drive!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I wonder if this will be a vehicle where you HAVE TO Heel-Toe in it to maintain a line in the corners, a-la-Lotus-Elise / Toyota MR2...

·
Registered
151 Posts
I hear that man, Puts things in perspective immediately when you mess up but very rewarding when you don't.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
My stock broker was just shown a copy of the new 2016 LE that Polaris is going to announce Monday. It is not going to be totally black - in fact it's more yellow with Black trim. They have eliminated the angle drive completely, done away with the random cel codes that don't exist, and the phantom brake and stability track lights. The ride height has been raised a bit for added ground clearance for those who want to run the exhaust underneath the chassis. The heat in the cabin has been reduced and comes with a good ventilation system............ well, take a look at the new model and judge for yourself. I bet it rides harsher, and is slower, but there shouldn't be any issues with replacement parts ever being on backorder. BUT, it looks like they're now using more Chinese imported parts to build these

2016LE.jpg

·
Registered
828 Posts
My stock broker was just shown a copy of the new 2016 LE that Polaris is going to announce Monday. It is not going to be totally black - in fact it's more yellow with Black trim. They have eliminated the angle drive completely, done away with the random cel codes that don't exist, and the phantom brake and stability track lights. The ride height has been raised a bit for added ground clearance for those who want to run the exhaust underneath the chassis. The heat in the cabin has been reduced and comes with a good ventilation system............ well, take a look at the new model and judge for yourself. I bet it rides harsher, and is slower, but there shouldn't be any issues with replacement parts ever being on backorder. BUT, it looks like they're now using more Chinese imported parts to build these

View attachment 22055

wow.

what kind of voodoo dance did you have to do to bring this thread back from the dead?

you waited one whole year too. dedication... lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts