Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't even know where to start with the stopping :)

Surely the Slingshot wouldn't come with drum brakes would it? I would hope that it has some sort of disc brakes and hopefully some power brakes to boot. Either way, a set of sick cross drilled/slotted rotors and maybe some painted calipers from an aftermarket vender would really set this thing off :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't even know where to start with the stopping :)

Surely the Slingshot wouldn't come with drum brakes would it? I would hope that it has some sort of disc brakes and hopefully some power brakes to boot. Either way, a set of sick cross drilled/slotted rotors and maybe some painted calipers from an aftermarket vender would really set this thing off :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wouldn't think this would come with drum brakes, not a days everything is disc. and larger discs. Brakes are easy to modify for this bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
turbosling, what's your take on adding an extra 100hp and changing the suspension front and rear to handle the extra load. Have you knowledge in modifications. Want the bike to be safe and be able to handel well.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
can't say for sure since I have not driven one yet. but like anything else I wouldn't say the suspension needs much change to add 100hp. I would be more worried about how much HP the belt can take before it snaps. But i'm positive the after-market will be big for this machine and a nice set of coilovers with adjustable damping will always improve handing and putting the power to the ground. Depends on how it lays down the power and how power hungry I go with a after-market ecu and boost by gear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
turbosling, what's your take on adding an extra 100hp and changing the suspension front and rear to handle the extra load. Have you knowledge in modifications. Want the bike to be safe and be able to handel well.
Just got through watching the video's and I think adding a 100hp with a few small modifications will work. Thanks for the info. from the video's

·
Registered
14 Posts
can't say for sure since I have not driven one yet. but like anything else I wouldn't say the suspension needs much change to add 100hp. I would be more worried about how much HP the belt can take before it snaps. But i'm positive the after-market will be big for this machine and a nice set of coilovers with adjustable damping will always improve handing and putting the power to the ground. Depends on how it lays down the power and how power hungry I go with a after-market ecu and boost by gear.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are you going to purchase the proto types or wait till they have the kinks taken out? I ride a zx14r and it has more than enough power, never took it to her limits and probably never will. That thing is a beast. I'm looking at the slingshot for a fun factor as well as being a little safer. Safer might not be the case either with all the crazy's on the road. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Probably wont purchase any prototypes but just putting a kit together isn't hard since its a engine thats been out for a wile and with lots of people modding them the after-market is plentiful. But like that's my plan but who knows i'll see what its like when I drive one. I also have no idea if the bosh stability control system is tied into the GM ecu or not, that might make it a bit more tricky to add and tune a aftermarket ecu.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
I'm pretty sure they aren't Brembo (Brembo likes to put their name on all of them) but I am curious what the stopping power will be like. They are 11.6" disks all the way around IIRC. which seems more than adequate for a 1700 lb roadster.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts