Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since we are pretty much starting with a blank canvas in regards to the Slingshot, I thought it would be fun to start a thread listing ideas for possible future accessories.

Here's a few ideas that I have:

Removable hard saddle bags or storage. Since it looks like the body slopes back towards the middle rear wheel I think there could be the possibility of adding some hard bags in this area that will increase storage and possibly increase the esthetics of the vehicle.

Something that could be removed and used as luggage on long trips and that would also look like part of the vehicle.

Some sort of hard or soft top that could be bolted/clipped on? A modification for those who live in colder/wetter climates that want to be able to use the Slingshot year around. A tinted clear top or carbon fiber piece would be cool.

Surfboard racks! How kickass would the Slingshot be as a beach bomber?! A nimble open-top ride that you could bungie your surfboards to and roll down to the beach :D

A concept similar to this:

·
Registered
41 Posts
4Nines

Side cases are a must for any trips you make. Until we see a side view the Slingshot later this month it will be hard to see what may work. I am sure Polaris has some on the drawing board already as well as some other accessory's we need such as a nice stereo system and GPS that I have installed on my Eco Exo R.

As far as a top, if it rains I am sure you will get water coming off the wheels and other places where you will get wet. Maybe a tonneau cover but until you see the vehicle in full we are just guessing.

It is all about balance and yes it could be done but is it worth destroying the appearance of the trike for the sake of some of the items you want?

People ask that of my trike and I say if you need a roof then order an Elio or Smart car.

I wanted a open Exoskeleton type Trike to feel Mother Nature at its best! I can't do that in a closed vehicle. So the Trike for nice days and the car for the others works really well for me.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah putting your bike in the passenger seat would be an easy solution. I bet someone will make some sort of bike rack for the Slingshot.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Accessory Idea, officially, I would like to request a tonneau cover for the cockpit.

I was thinking of something simple, you know, it is fitted to the upper half of the seat backs, and then a flap long enough to reach the dash hooks into a loop or something on the dash.

Has to be convenient, light, easily stored, can not take up excessive room in the storage behind the seat... (Do you think a helmet will fit in the storage behind the seat?)

Folds in 2 seconds, goes on in 2 seconds... Does not have to cover sides... Don't see how it could unless it just hung over. Maybe hang loosely over the side and has a bungee to attach to the grab rails on the side?

·
Registered
98 Posts
What the1sen said. Something to at least cover the seats to protect them from the elements while parked. Yeah, you'll get wet when it's raining but nothing worse then having to sit in an already wet seat!

·
Registered
167 Posts
What the1sen said. Something to at least cover the seats to protect them from the elements while parked. Yeah, you'll get wet when it's raining but nothing worse then having to sit in an already wet seat!
Do you think there should be a poll in the center of it? You know, to sort of make like a tent and force the H20 to roll off the tonneau instead of pool?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Here are a few neat ones I found... Of course, not all applicable. I really liked the one for the trucks, as it rolled up quickly and was fastened by velcro
pontiac-solstice-soft-tonneau-cover-or-removable-soft-top.jpg
access_limited_rolled_up.jpg
miata-1905hc-st-bkb__67674_zoom.jpg
3-tonneau-cover1.jpg
floating-velcro-lg.jpg
jjaguar_blog071.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
1. Push button retractable canvas top would be the solution for everyone. Close it if it rains and when you park.

2. Windshield wipers, heater, heated seats

3. Different versions of the windshield

4. Security system with motion sensor

5. Sound system w/ bluetooth

6. Golf clubs and fishing pole holder, bike rack, additional storage

** important 7. Added safety accessories: reflectors, since it's so low -some type of light that is raised on a pole off the highest point and can be seen at all angles, heavy duty full roll cage option

8. Snow tires and snow plow.. Just kidding

·
Registered
98 Posts
the1sen.... I would say yes, pretty close to what you posted (pictures) but I think the roll bars on the Slingshot are high enough that there would be a downward slope to the the dash area to attach the cover. It would just be to make sure the water drained away from the cockpit/dash area.

·
Registered
167 Posts
the1sen.... I would say yes, pretty close to what you posted (pictures) but I think the roll bars on the Slingshot are high enough that there would be a downward slope to the the dash area to attach the cover. It would just be to make sure the water drained away from the cockpit/dash area.
Maybe, to your point that I hadn't thought of at all, we use the roll bars down to the windshield and use those both as our "anchors" for the cover, and simply have a flap over the sides that attaches to the grab rails with a bungee rope or something similar?

4Nines and Tango, get your marketing team and engineers on it!!! :cool:

·
Registered
167 Posts
1. Push button retractable canvas top would be the solution for everyone. Close it if it rains and when you park.

2. Windshield wipers, heater, heated seats

3. Different versions of the windshield

4. Security system with motion sensor

5. Sound system w/ bluetooth

6. Golf clubs and fishing pole holder, bike rack, additional storage

** important 7. Added safety accessories: reflectors, since it's so low -some type of light that is raised on a pole off the highest point and can be seen at all angles, heavy duty full roll cage option

8. Snow tires and snow plow.. Just kidding
Dude... are you kidding about 1 through 8? Because, you should be...

1 - 20 of 171 Posts