Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I have a bad dimple in the red surface just before the center black louvers. Its lower on the list of "Wish they fix". My painted side panels that have really bad paint are #1. If viewed in the light it looks like a 5 year old had a paint run, tried to smooth it out and paint over it... Want those fixed before I even think about the other. One is 100% crappy painting and poor overall QC. The other (hood) is caused by something in relation to how the hood was attached to the substructure still a huge QC inspection issue as well but damn it I got to pick my battles.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a bad dimple in the red surface just before the center black louvers. Its lower on the list of "Wish they fix". My painted side panels that have really bad paint are #1. If viewed in the light it looks like a 5 year old had a paint run, tried to smooth it out and paint over it... Want those fixed before I even think about the other. One is 100% crappy painting and poor overall QC. The other (hood) is caused by something in relation to how the hood was attached to the substructure still a huge QC inspection issue as well but damn it I got to pick my battles.
Do you have a pic of the run? Or the spot your talking about? Id like to see it

·
Registered
191 Posts
It seems like Polaris is saying everything is normal. Show me any other manufacturers motorcycle, car, or trike that has any type of bodywork/paint defect as you see on the Slingshot. Not going to find any and if you do the dealer will fix it in a flash.Polaris needs to step back and resolve these issues before they kill the brand. Some of the issues are not just cosmetic - they are dangerous. They have enough of us guinea pigs in the field to give them all the feedback they need.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hood pimple update. I posted to the Polaris Facebook and got a response wanting to help and asking for more info. So today I uploaded pics and data on the only SS hood dimple manufactured.
I told my dealer that I wanted to talk to our local Polaris rep. The rep might be around next week, or next month they dont know yet. My dealer has been helpful, but it boils down to polaris seeing this, acknowledge it, and replacing it. :(:( waitting....

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am very pissed off about this I love the machine. But I spend 25000 for something I don't expect a pile of shit. I have had to put Installation on the fire wall around the trans so I wouldn't burn up inside. Had to glue the rubber hood stops back on. Now this rear end noise. I only have 800 miles on it. I sold my 2015 Harley streetglide to get this now I am thinking I may have screwed up. Everyone is having the same trouble I think we need to all come together and Sue Polaris to fix all of this shit. There not going to do anything about it so we need to take charge and get this stuff fixed.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I am very pissed off about this I love the machine. But I spend 25000 for something I don't expect a pile of shit. I have had to put Installation on the fire wall around the trans so I wouldn't burn up inside. Had to glue the rubber hood stops back on. Now this rear end noise. I only have 800 miles on it. I sold my 2015 Harley streetglide to get this now I am thinking I may have screwed up. Everyone is having the same trouble I think we need to all come together and Sue Polaris to fix all of this shit. There not going to do anything about it so we need to take charge and get this stuff fixed.
You make a thread with this exact paragraph, and the repost the same thing in here. Everyone is upset about the poor QC of these slingshots, but suing and spamming the forums with your negativity and threats will get us no where.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
You make a thread with this exact paragraph, and the repost the same thing in here. Everyone is upset about the poor QC of these slingshots, but suing and spamming the forums with your negativity and threats will get us no where.
Please pardon my question but if these defects are such a bother to you why did you purchase this SlingShot?

Bill

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Please pardon my question but if these defects are such a bother to you why did you purchase this SlingShot?

Bill
They aren't a bother to me Bill. I haven't had any of the issues others are having. My post was a response to Freddie Branch

·
Registered
672 Posts
I just love the Polaris first timers "the world ends here!" We have been dealing with Way bigger issues with the 25000.00 RZR's and Polaris is still in business, not everyone is cut out to be a Polaris owner. The machines they build are problematic but no one builds anything better for the money. Historically they will correct issues on subsequent models and then come out with a new and revolutionary offering and we start all over again. These will never have the refinement of a car and if they did many could never afford the entry price. This is just my opinion and after investing in $80,000 in Polaris toys I think I have a bit of understanding.

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
Maybe it's getting a woody! :rolleyes: Jeezz! did I just type that! :eek:
It looks like you buffed it too much during waxing @MOTO864. :jawdrop:

I'm still fighting on a crooked hood emblem... ;-(
Should be able to be straightened with heat gun. Carefully.

We picked up our Slingshot today after the fifth? warranty repair at the dealership--I lost count. On the up-side, FUEL Powersports has been great, and most of the warranty issues haven't been that bad. A few are going to cost us, such as the front-end alignment Polaris still doesn't seem to have figured out--alignment is covered, tires are not. We got in early, everyone knows this is a new product. We're calling Polaris in-house test track model the alpha-test version, the October 2014 limited-run model the beta-test version, and January 2015 the gamma-test version, with the first production model to be the 2016 (due October of 2015); Polaris likely has different terms, but those designations work for us and seem accurate. If one thinks of it that way, we're all driving field-test vehicles, and we get to be rock-stars for a year or so. It's a trade-off, fame comes with a price.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts