Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stopped by my Dealership and they showed me this recall. They've had two incidents out of about 30 units.
-----------------------------------------------

2015-2016 Slingshot / Slingshot SL - Headlight Jumper Harness Installation

Safety Bulletin:
Polaris has determined that some Slingshot vehicles were manufactured with a headlight circuit that does not meet Polaris quality standards. In some vehicles, heat buildup in the engine compartment may cause the headlight circuit relay to derate below the required current draw of the headlights. In addition, temperatures produced at the fuse box terminal pin may be higher than desired. The result of such a condition could be a loss of forward lighting function. This could cause decreased visibility for the vehicle operator, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.

Potentially Affected Models:
2015-2016 Slin
SS Recall.jpg
ghshot and Slingshot SL models manufactured on or before 10/26/2015.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Stopped at my dealer this morning he said they had ordered 40 kits and they were supposed to be in next week and he would call me.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Mine was the first one they worked on and it only took about 40 minutes. They said the hardest part was getting the fuse block back in place with the new wires attached.
I spent 30 minutes replacing zip ties to make it look nice after I got home.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Just got a call from my dealer about 30 minutes ago, (I've vowed to never walk into that place ever again). but anyway's they said that it would take an hour to perform this. Really!!!!!
That's what they say!

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
I am using all my fuse holes so they wouldn't be able to do the recall the way they are doing it on mine.

However I dont have any heat or problems with my factory harness andmim running all 55 Watt HID ballast and bulbs. Everything is cool as can be.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I am using all my fuse holes so they wouldn't be able to do the recall the way they are doing it on mine.

However I dont have any heat or problems with my factory harness andmim running all 55 Watt HID ballast and bulbs. Everything is cool as can be.
You might consider upgrading your box to a larger automotive grade setup, in that case.

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Yea. I am using the blower fuse for my halo circuit. And I'm running my center led and lower led light on the fog circuit. Its all good now. I have another fuse block in back by the battery.

The only thing I am going to have to do is increase the alternator capacity. When my subs hit my engine races up. I am pushing 1200 real watts to all my speakers. Right now I have two batteries runnig on an isolator. It charges my cranking battery then charges my stereo battery. No matter how many batteries you have the stereo pulls on the alternator when its running.

I probably need to order a high output alternator now that I thought more about it.

I guess that needs to be a new thread. I'm sure someone has sourced one.

·
2,321 Posts
Yea. I am using the blower fuse for my halo circuit. And I'm running my center led and lower led light on the fog circuit. Its all good now. I have another fuse block in back by the battery.

The only thing I am going to have to do is increase the alternator capacity. When my subs hit my engine races up. I am pushing 1200 real watts to all my speakers. Right now I have two batteries runnig on an isolator. It charges my cranking battery then charges my stereo battery. No matter how many batteries you have the stereo pulls on the alternator when its running.

I probably need to order a high output alternator now that I thought more about it.

I guess that needs to be a new thread. I'm sure someone has sourced one.

Information posted here : http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/need-a-high-capacity-alternator.9833/#post-209241

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Your my hero orange. I just made a new thread on this. If you don't mind can you post those on it also. That is good stuff. Thanks.

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts

My local dealer will be doing the harness and I will pay for the optional split rear axle nut upgrade ($55 with labor - a no brainer). I have also gone the HID route and I have no idea why anyone would want LED other than the angle of the dangle. I added a fuse block under the hood for things like this and to tickle my fancy. An upgraded altenator is a great idea and so is upgrading the battery. After all the SS is 70% flash. J/K

1 - 20 of 48 Posts