Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
No joe, the warehouse itself is well known locally. I am not worried about my own identity, my identity wouldn't matter. My honor and word along with the transportation companies trust with Polaris is what would be at stake! I have always maintained some solid principles in my life that have served me well, honor and truth before pride!
One of the most admirable traits a person can have is honor! nuff said!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
It would have better served the members of this forum if a disclosure was made that I have inside information that I cannot discuss. Instead of finding out at this late date that I have been withholding information from this forum. I find that to be a disservice to this forum. But it doesn't matter at this point. Life is good.
Sorry, I am guilty as charged, I have provided a great disservice to the forum and its members by posting helpful information that I shouldn't have.

I will now fully disclose that I have information that I cannot discuss. I know many of you will find this news to be very shocking. I ask that you please keep this private and do not share this information outside of this forum. Again, I cannot discuss this any further but due to its sensitivity, the fact that this is a very rare situation and my duty to the forum I must share this with you. I only hope it provides comfort to those that might need to know. Ok here it goes, I live in a suburb of a large metropolitan area, in fact I live within 25 minutes of a warehouse. Furthermore, I know people that know people, that you know.....know people, I hope this helps.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Ha ha, I hear you dascrow, I have both of them all ready to go!!
The problem is Polaris, like many large manufactures, subs all of their transportation and warehousing out to third party companies. These companies are trusted with privacy and professionalism, especially when doing business with large companies, like Polaris. A viral picture of that kind of information could be devastating to many jobs if a certain corporation would be angered by a release without their knowledge. I went ahead with the information because numerous dealers have been talking openly about it locally in the metro area. However, a picture is a whole different animal that needs to be cleared first. I am still working on that for you guys!!
haha no worries.. I can completely understand, just giving you a hard time!

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
Instant gratification is over rated...anticipation lets the mind wander and dream of what might be! Relax we were all told late October and that hasn't changed!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
An unconfirmed report of a warehouse full of SlingShots ready to be shipped does not satisfy my request of shipping information from Polaris. Yes we all understand that two or three units will be shipped to each dealer sometime before the end of October. But what about those of us that are not in the first batch of 1, 2 or 3? When will the second batch and even the third batch be shipped. Polaris you have a very hot product you owe those of us that have placed money down shipping information. By now you have a list of all buyers that have placed an order with a dealer. It would be great customer service on your part if you contact those buyers with shipping information. Sightings of the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot in a warehouse in Minnesota is not enough.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
But what about those of us that are not in the first batch of 1, 2 or 3? When will the second batch and even the third batch be shipped.
Sometime after the end of October.

Polaris you have a very hot product you owe those of us that have placed money down shipping information. By now you have a list of all buyers that have placed an order with a dealer. It would be great customer service on your part if you contact those buyers with shipping information.
They don't "owe" anyone anything. Give them some credit for bringing a hot product to market. What reason do they have to to delay getting one in every potential owners hands that wants one?

What would be worse. Not providing any information (other than what they have given) or providing a SWAG that turns out to be completely wrong. All you will hear at that time is more complaining about how Polaris peed on someone's SS hopes and dreams.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Sometime after the end of October.

They don't "owe" anyone anything. Give them some credit for bringing a hot product to market. What reason do they have to to delay getting one in every potential owners hands that wants one?

What would be worse. Not providing any information (other than what they have given) or providing a SWAG that turns out to be completely wrong. All you will hear at that time is more complaining about how Polaris peed on someone's SS hopes and dreams.
In this country when I put my money down on a product hot or not I expect the seller to give me a delivery date. They have no reason to delay delivery that is not the question. Polaris is a very large company with a great customer service department that is accustom to giving customers a delivery date. But so far on this product there has been no customer service to the buyers that have money on the line. Polaris does "owe' each and every buyer that has money down when they will receive the order. By now Polaris has a list of all buyers that have placed an order with a dealer. Polaris should get the customer service dept in motion to secure the approximate ETA for each buyer... Polaris knows the production time of each unit. Polaris knows how many orders it has at this time. Therefore, match the two and come up with an approximate ETA for each order on hand. Your customers deserve an answer.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts