Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your merchandising staff deserves a big fat bonus and an increase in salary because they have all of us sitting here in great anticipation of the first delivery of the SlingShot in October. Throw us a bone. Is it trick or treat?

·
Registered
438 Posts
It better not be a fricking trick!!!
They will have a bunch of very highly ticked off people on their hands!!!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It better not be a fricking trick!!!
They will have a bunch of very highly ticked off people on their hands!!!!
It is time for Polaris to come out and say something one way or the other... When are you shipping the first batch ? As important to the majority of us is when are you shipping the second and third batch? Throw us a bone... We need some info good or bad...

·
Registered
916 Posts
I may eat my words but I say, "not gonna happen". As said in the "Open Letter to Polaris" thread, not so eloquently by MIKEP, (but I have to agree with him) Polaris has said nothing but to expect delivery in October which is in 11 days so I wouldn't expect them to say anything more on the issue even though there are some member's dealers saying it will happen earlier. Kip and Chris have said that they will have a few days of advance notice of delivery so I believe that's when we will know when to expect delivery. Sadly, a company with several hundreds of millions of dollars in sales just can't be bothered with throwing a bunch of fanboys (myself included) a bone. I wish I had mine yesterday as we all do, but I've resigned myself to the fact that they will be here "soon"

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may eat my words but I say, "not gonna happen". As said in the "Open Letter to Polaris" thread, not so eloquently by MIKEP, (but I have to agree with him) Polaris has said nothing but to expect delivery in October which is in 11 days so I wouldn't expect them to say anything more on the issue even though there are some member's dealers saying it will happen earlier. Kip and Chris have said that they will have a few days of advance notice of delivery so I believe that's when we will know when to expect delivery. Sadly, a company with several hundreds of millions of dollars in sales just can't be bothered with throwing a bunch of fanboys (myself included) a bone. I wish I had mine yesterday as we all do, but I've resigned myself to the fact that they will be here "soon"
One way or the other we will know something very soon. It just would be good PR for Polaris to follow up with a comment at this time. Whoever in Polaris took the position not to release an update this close to October is making a mistake. A bit of positive shipping information at this time would be very good PR for Polaris. On the other hand.......

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,848 Posts
Went by 1 of the other dealers here today...was ckng on SS helmets...they had no SA stuff said they won't see any SS vehicles until mid to late October...same as what my dealer told me...so keep your drawers on fellows!!!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I still keep hoping someone (hint hint) leaks the photo of all the Slingshots in the warehouse ready to ship or a photo of Slingshots loaded on the truck!!
Ha ha, I hear you dascrow, I have both of them all ready to go!!
The problem is Polaris, like many large manufactures, subs all of their transportation and warehousing out to third party companies. These companies are trusted with privacy and professionalism, especially when doing business with large companies, like Polaris. A viral picture of that kind of information could be devastating to many jobs if a certain corporation would be angered by a release without their knowledge. I went ahead with the information because numerous dealers have been talking openly about it locally in the metro area. However, a picture is a whole different animal that needs to be cleared first. I am still working on that for you guys!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone have an address of the so called warehouse? Or is the warehouse a figment of someone imagination?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Does anyone have an address of the so called warehouse? Or is the warehouse a figment of someone imagination?
Yes, as a matter of fact it's only 25 minutes from my house, and you think you guys are going crazy!! LOL
It is also very heavily secured, (I already thought about it) so no luck trying!
Polaris is so large and employees so many people here in Minnesota you would have to live a very sheltered life not to have any family or friends that work at some level within the company.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, as a matter of fact it's only 25 minutes from my house, and you think you guys are going crazy!! LOL
It is also very heavily secured, (I already thought about it) so no luck trying!
Polaris is so large and employees so many people here in Minnesota you would have to live a very sheltered life not to have any family or friends that work at some level within the company.
Give us the address.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
No joe, the warehouse itself is well known locally. I am not worried about my own identity, my identity wouldn't matter. My honor and word along with the transportation companies trust with Polaris is what would be at stake! I have always maintained some solid principles in my life that have served me well, honor and truth before pride!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I thought it was stated pretty good the first few times but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.. They've stuck by the timeline projection so far and unless something goes south / can't imagine what at this point,,, October is not that far off / However it is 31 days long..

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No joe, the warehouse itself is well known locally. I am not worried about my own identity, my identity wouldn't matter. My honor and word along with the transportation companies trust with Polaris is what would be at stake! I have always maintained some solid principles in my life that have served me well, honor and truth before pride!
Are you a direct or indirect employee of Polaris?

·
Registered
541 Posts
For what its worth I for one appreciate Contact Towers honesty and principles. You don't see that much anymore so I'll tip my hat to him. Like Mike says we're so near now a few more days give or take won't matter. Yet I'm like everyone else just chomping at the bit wanting my ride yesterday. So far Polaris has done what it said they'd do all along. Deliveries in Oct. Just when is still up in the air. Really the dealers need to get their stuff set up and ready for displaying before the SS even get to their stores. I swung by Ball Equipment today thinking Chris might of had his display set up cause he's been filling online orders. Nope the guys there haven't seen anything from Polaris yet and like us are waiting and wishing for deliveries to start.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For what its worth I for one appreciate Contact Towers honesty and principles. You don't see that much anymore so I'll tip my hat to him. Like Mike says we're so near now a few more days give or take won't matter. Yet I'm like everyone else just chomping at the bit wanting my ride yesterday. So far Polaris has done what it said they'd do all along. Deliveries in Oct. Just when is still up in the air. Really the dealers need to get their stuff set up and ready for displaying before the SS even get to their stores. I swung by Ball Equipment today thinking Chris might of had his display set up cause he's been filling online orders. Nope the guys there haven't seen anything from Polaris yet and like us are waiting and wishing for deliveries to start.
We are a few weeks before deliveries will start and it really does not make any difference at this point. But anyone on this forum that had inside information all alone because of his employment or a family member or a friend or the simple fact that I live down the street from a warehouse fully of finished product should have disclosed weeks ago that I am aware of inside information that I can not disclose. It would have better served the members of this forum if a disclosure was made that I have inside information that I cannot discuss. Instead of finding out at this late date that I have been withholding information from this forum. I find that to be a disservice to this forum. But it doesn't matter at this point. Life is good.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts