Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my heat reduction kit from the Dealer. Polaris has finally found a way to reduce the heat on the passenger side. The kit for the 2015 model at my dealer was $139.99, it will be worth every penny. Now I want a kit from Polaris that helps the Drivers side.

Dear Polaris just make a boot kit for the Pedal assembly. That will reduce the heat drastically.

KIT DETAILS:
MY15 Engine Airflow Management Kit – 2206369
MY16 Engine Airflow Management Kit – 2206370
• A new shroud installed behind the radiator pushes air out the bottom of the vehicle after passing
through radiator.
• A new exhaust shield reduces radiant heat transferred to passenger foot well area.
• New insulating foam reduces flow of air between engine compartment and cockpit.
• MY15 Kits include a lightweight battery to ensure vehicles meet weight compliance requirements.
• Installation of the engine airflow management kit will take approximately 2 hours to complete.

Engine airflow management kits are being offered as an option and are not a warrantable update. I don't think most of use are worried that they will not warranty this part, we just want the passengers Happy and Cool.

These options are already installed on Model year 2016.5.

Thank you, Polaris!

·
2,333 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
With Polaris knowing about a heat issue in the cockpit and have installed on the 2016.5 models why should owners have to pay for them. I have a 2016 and have experience had extreme heat issues. The openings where the clutch, brake,steering and gas let a lot of heat into the drivers side. Have plugged them up using Nu Foam Batting. Also have found large areas behind the raid on area. Have blocked them up also. This has been a Big help.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
From a thread earlier this month:

I received an email from my dealer today, offering this kit for $84.00. They had a 2016 on display with the kit installed, so the wife and I made the trip in to have a look. I have to say....for $84 it looks well worth the money. I went ahead and ordered a kit, and ended up getting the kit for $81 after sales tax ($76.49 plus tax).
From this thread:

"Just ordered my heat reduction kit from the Dealer. Polaris has finally found a way to reduce the heat on the passenger side. The kit for the 2015 model at my dealer was $139.99, it will be worth every penny."

It appears that one may wish to do a bit of shopping before purchasing??

Bill

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The kit for the 2016 model is less expensive. I think all the 2016 models have a lighter battery already.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just ordered my heat reduction kit from the Dealer. Polaris has finally found a way to reduce the heat on the passenger side. The kit for the 2015 model at my dealer was $139.99, it will be worth every penny. Now I want a kit from Polaris that helps the Drivers side.

Dear Polaris just make a boot kit for the Pedal assembly. That will reduce the heat drastically.

KIT DETAILS:
MY15 Engine Airflow Management Kit – 2206369
MY16 Engine Airflow Management Kit – 2206370
• A new shroud installed behind the radiator pushes air out the bottom of the vehicle after passing
through radiator.
• A new exhaust shield reduces radiant heat transferred to passenger foot well area.
• New insulating foam reduces flow of air between engine compartment and cockpit.
• MY15 Kits include a lightweight battery to ensure vehicles meet weight compliance requirements.
• Installation of the engine airflow management kit will take approximately 2 hours to complete.

Engine airflow management kits are being offered as an option and are not a warrantable update. I don't think most of use are worried that they will not warranty this part, we just want the passengers Happy and Cool.

These options are already installed on Model year 2016.5.

Thank you, Polaris!
td2222, this airflow management kit sounds like it allows for more ambient air to be directed into the drivers side as well, alleviating many of your concerns. I say install it and let us all know how well it works!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Is the 2016 kit the same as the 2015 kit except for the battery? Will the 16 shroud fit a 15? Most of us with 15s don't want a smaller battery.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The service advisor made it sound like the battery is the only thing different. Will have to wait for someone on here to post pics of 2016 kit.

·
Super Moderator
2,951 Posts
I wonder if the 2016 kit will be cheaper and fit the 2015, be as functional, and we just have to source our own lighter battery. And if we combine thise with the Noel Hueges mat-h kit and DDM Works shield kit it'll be like air conditioning! Yeah, just fit a knob...behind the wheel. HA HA HA!

I'm too drunk (at work, it's Friday Baby!) to post in Lou's Bar, so here's some battery jokes here:

Where do small batteries go when feeling weak?
AA meetings.

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
I think I'll have Painter and Wingshot do mine! LOL J/K this is a job for Polaris!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Ok, just got home with the new Heat Shield & Heat Deflector Kit. Here's a pic of what came in the kit:
Heat Shield Kit.jpg
Muffler Heat Shield.jpg
There is an 8 page instruction manual plus hardware, and everything you see in the pic. The deflector that attaches to the radiator looks like a newer version than what I saw on the 2016.5 on the dealer's floor. The one already installed from the factory definitely looked smaller. Going to a car show at the IX Center in Cleveland tomorrow, so I might get a chance to do the install Sunday. I'll post up some pics and an install review once I get into it. Still can't believe this comes from Polaris for $81 bucks!!! This is for the 2016 Sling. It would be the same for 2015 Slings, except they recommend changing to the smaller battery if you do your own install. If the Dealer does the install, they are supposed to install the smaller battery to meet Polaris factory weight restrictions.
Edit: Just added the Heat Shield pic too

Reactions: DL Sling

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,777 Posts
Roadog, Any chance you could post the manual? Great pics and info thanks!

·
Registered
289 Posts

Installation looks like a bi'otch but I wonder what ever happened with this ....

I actually did a similar Firewall as demonstrated in this video. I Made it out of the Foam Heat-Wall Hot Rodders use to Insulate their Hoods from excessive Heat. I was Easy to Cut and Mold into place. Then I used Fiberglass Resin just Brushing it on after putting it in place. Came out very Solid and a Complete Firewall Separation. 100% Eliminated any heat from Engine Compartment. Final Step; I Applied Reflective Heat Matt (Adhesive Backing) on the Engine Side. After Re-Assembly you cant even see it exists. I'm very happy with it, Although when I moved the Exhaust out of the Engine Compartment that was 90% of the Heat right there already. Probably spent $150 on it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Roadog, Any chance you could post the manual? Great pics and info thanks!
Here ya go: (looks pretty involved...so I'm sure it's a solid 2 hour install at the least!!)

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
I opted to purchase a new '16 last week instead of a '15 believing there must be improvements over the first model year - I'm almost certain there are changes either big or small that many of us don't even know about.

Initially, I was kinda disappointed Polaris would construct a really neat machine and equip it with sub-par insulation. I found this out the hard way on a warm Florida day :hungover:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ok, just got home with the new Heat Shield & Heat Deflector Kit. Here's a pic of what came in the kit:
View attachment 48848
View attachment 48852
There is an 8 page instruction manual plus hardware, and everything you see in the pic. The deflector that attaches to the radiator looks like a newer version than what I saw on the 2016.5 on the dealer's floor. The one already installed from the factory definitely looked smaller. Going to a car show at the IX Center in Cleveland tomorrow, so I might get a chance to do the install Sunday. I'll post up some pics and an install review once I get into it. Still can't believe this comes from Polaris for $81 bucks!!! This is for the 2016 Sling. It would be the same for 2015 Slings, except they recommend changing to the smaller battery if you do your own install. If the Dealer does the install, they are supposed to install the smaller battery to meet Polaris factory weight restrictions.
This is exactly what should have been provided by the factory prior to delivery of the vehicle. Insulating the exhaust itself is far more effective than just trying to cover panels. I spent quite a while this week covering my stock exhaust system utilizing the same principal as shown. It made a significant difference and I haven't even covered the tunnels yet.

Regards,
Doug

·
Registered
168 Posts
View attachment 48848
View attachment 48852
20160318_194108-1.jpg

My temporary fix just so I can drive until I had the chance to construct better looking and effective covers.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts