Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What windshield will you guys be going with? I personally like the "Double Bubble" windshield.. but not sure it's worth the extra $400?

Single Windshield:
slinghsot-windshield.png

Double Bubble Windshields:
slingshot-doublebuble.png

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, if you plan on any extended riding, I'd say get the full windshield. And with that double bubble, I wonder if there will be any buffering with the wind swirling around....

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'll try both and without to check on noise and buffeting; for around town I no windshield might be OK.

4Nines, do you know how quick/easy install/removal is?

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Judging by the photos it looks fairly straight forward. I too will get both the full and the double bubbles and try it without to see what works best for different situations and helmets.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wind shields are not bad to put on you will have two holes in the top of your dash from the center support on the full shield if you remove it though.

I'd prefer the full blade to the bubbles. Quieter and more uniform air. The double bubbles make it look even more like a batmobile though...

·
Registered
242 Posts
When I pre-ordered my Slingshot, I also ordered the Blade. Then I saw the double bubble, called my dealer and had it changed. Today, I went down to my dealers and saw both windshields in person and they are both very nice! Very heavy plexi or whatever they are. Also saw the helmets and they are beautiful! Probably won't be wearing a helmet though, so they aren't on my Christmas wish list...LOL! All of the accessories and clothing that I saw today, are nice! Can't wait!

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
I was thinking that maybe it was a brace for the Blade windshield. I only see it on Slingshots, that have the Blade installed, on them. That piece is the main reason, why I decided to get the double bubble windshields. Check out the two pics I've included and ya'll see what I mean........

Attachments

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I like both too. What is the black vertical piece in the center above infocenter?
I was wondering what you meant by that. You are all correct. It is a windshield stabilizer and a mount.

If you get a base model or opt for a double bubble, or no windshield option, I understand there is a lower, flatter mount that may be coming, so you don't need to rely on the vertical pillar for the blade windshield.

Mount.png

1 - 20 of 72 Posts