Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Polaris Industries will celebrate the launch of its new three-wheel vehicle, the Slingshot, on Thursday in Iowa. The Minneapolis-based company will build the on-road vehicle at its Spirit Lake factory. It has hired 50 new employees and is looking to fill another 50 positions. Once hiring is complete, Polaris will employ about 1,000 people in Spirit Lake. The company also employs about 300 in Milford.

The three-wheeled roadster represents a new market for the manufacturer, which also builds Victory bikes and Indian Motorcycles — the classic brand it brought back to life in 2013 — at the Spirit Lake facility. Earlier this year, it announced the launch of the Indian Scout, a lighter, cheaper sibling in the Indian motorcycle family.

The Slingshot is expected to be in showrooms by the end of October. Shares of Polaris closed down 97 cents Tuesday to $145.86.

Source: Desmoinesregister.com

Attachments

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Just scanned Google for any launch updates in the past 24 hours. Nothing new as of this moment.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Just scanned Google for any launch updates in the past 24 hours. Nothing new as of this moment.
Harley had the launch of their Tri Glide in 2009 at Spearfish, SD. I was there among lines of trucks filled with Gildes. Dealers got theirs within 3 days. I can only hope Polaris does the same!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Why am I even reading all this stuff? I'm having more ups and downs now then my wife did when she went through "the change"!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts