Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Polaris just called and asked a bunch of question about demographics, known issues, quality, and performance.

She told me there was a lot of common complaints about the RPMs, paint, heat from the engine, and hood being hard to open and close.

I am assuming they are going to call everyone. She has been calling all day for a few days.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I wonder if she has a wireless ear piece for her phone and a legal size sheet of paper. Cause she is going to need it to hold all the issues I have. And Im sure she her arm will be tired of holding the phone.. :p

·
Registered
2020 Slingshot Grand Touring Chan Chew Two
780 Posts
That is actually a good thing! It is good that Polaris is trying to understand the real world issues and hopefully make improvements.

Remembering it is a Bike and not a car, it is still a pretty raw machine and improvements will be coming. Lucky for us many of them can be done by the owners, but Polaris will improve some basic design issues! Thats a good thing!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot to mention how embarrassing the horn sounds. If someone can tell them that would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I forgot to mention how embarrassing the horn sounds. If someone can tell them that would be great, thanks.
Just ordered my replacement horn today.

I will post a thread when I get that sucker installed! Turning that beep into a nice HONK!!!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I picked mine up today from the dealer (500-service) And while it was there, Polaris also replaced the mini-clutch switch which resulted in my revving problem being solved! THANKS POLARIS!
Good to know Stan! My baby is still in pieces with no known date of re-assembly ((*#)$& parts that they cannot get), but I'm making note of this since I had the issue when I dropped it of and they are supposed to be working on it.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Polaris just called and asked a bunch of question about demographics, known issues, quality, and performance.

She told me there was a lot of common complaints about the RPMs, paint, heat from the engine, and hood being hard to open and close.

I am assuming they are going to call everyone. She has been calling all day for a few days.
Was this a random customer satisfaction call? Or was it related to something else?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I picked mine up today from the dealer (500-service) And while it was there, Polaris also replaced the mini-clutch switch which resulted in my revving problem being solved! THANKS POLARIS!
Does that mean we have a solution?

Reactions: Nix

·
Registered
5,299 Posts

They must have been doing Florida today. I got my phone call from them just after noon from a MN phone number. She asked all kinds of questions and seemed to be very in tune with some of these issues.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They must have been doing Florida today. I got my phone call from them just after noon from a MN phone number. She asked all kinds of questions and seemed to be very in tune with some of these issues.
Yeap. Yesterday they were calling California owners.

I'm 40 and she said I am the youngest so far. lol

Oldest was 79.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

Oldest was 79.
Joker,
If you talk to her again tell her there's a lot of pre-sold guys that are pissed because several dealers now have unsold stock on hand and we have not yet been shipped.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts

Oldest was 79.
Everyone is so old! ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts