Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search, read a bunch of posts, but still need more info before dropping the coin. Polaris has their own branded system that they say works on the 2017 SLR only. However, it has been reported by many that it will work on multiple years and models. The plug and play really appeals to me, even though I can do a lot of wiring I just don't feel like it. So my questions are, does it really work well, and is it worth the money asked. Knowing some of the issues Polaris has with so many of their systems I am a little concerned about any of their accessories, it surely is made by someone else and just marketed by Polaris. $449.99 but Polaris just sent me a $50 savings card, so bout $400.

So, what say you?

Thanks

LC

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Don't know the answer, but I'm interested too. I was going to stop in and talk with my service manager and see what he had to say.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Did a search, read a bunch of posts, but still need more info before dropping the coin. Polaris has their own branded system that they say works on the 2017 SLR only. However, it has been reported by many that it will work on multiple years and models. The plug and play really appeals to me, even though I can do a lot of wiring I just don't feel like it. So my questions are, does it really work well, and is it worth the money asked. Knowing some of the issues Polaris has with so many of their systems I am a little concerned about any of their accessories, it surely is made by someone else and just marketed by Polaris. $449.99 but Polaris just sent me a $50 savings card, so bout $400.

So, what say you?

Thanks

LC
Best system hands down is:
Finditnowusa.com

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know the answer, but I'm interested too. I was going to stop in and talk with my service manager and see what he had to say.
My shop guys say it fits them all and seems to work pretty good, but then they sell them too.

LC

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Says me:

06/15/2017 by @LargeCar:

"My Polaris plug and play alarm system caused my horn to go off intermittently, my ABS light is on and I have had very bad flatulence since the day I installed it. Anybody have a Polaris plug and play alarm installed?".

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best system hands down is:
Finditnowusa.com
I went to their website and looked around. I want perimeter alert as one of the features, FIN does not offer that. Neither does it offer plug and play. I applaud them for being home grown, and vets, but ding them for not putting pricing on their website.

Thanks for the heads up.

LC

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blitz, gotta meet you sometime in the future, bet we would have fun sober or with a few adult beverages.

In my youth I had the nickname of Blitz. Came from my dad stretching a bottle nipple over a beer bottle and letting me drink a little as a baby. I was breach and had a lot of broken bones from doctors trying to turn me around, left hospital in cast and generally not to happy. Dad found the beer cure for me, or was it for them, anyhow doc said it should be ok. Now when I cry I expect somebody to stuff a beer in my mouth. I try to cry a lot, I think I wore it out 65 years ago.

LC

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Says me:

06/15/2017 by @LargeCar:

"My Polaris plug and play alarm system caused my horn to go off intermittently, my ABS light is on and I have had very bad flatulence since the day I installed it. Anybody have a Polaris plug and play alarm installed?".
I have a plug for your flatulence issue....

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Blitz, gotta meet you sometime in the future, bet we would have fun sober or with a few adult beverages.

In my youth I had the nickname of Blitz. Came from my dad stretching a bottle nipple over a beer bottle and letting me drink a little as a baby. I was breach and had a lot of broken bones from doctors trying to turn me around, left hospital in cast and generally not to happy. Dad found the beer cure for me, or was it for them, anyhow doc said it should be ok. Now when I cry I expect somebody to stuff a beer in my mouth. I try to cry a lot, I think I wore it out 65 years ago.

LC
Sounds good. I was born with my umbilical cord wrapped around my neck so tight the doctor thought I was dead, so we both came into this world a little behind the 8 ball. :)

We get together some day we'll play my favorite game: "Here, hold my beer and watch what my SS can do". :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
The Polaris alarm is a Scorpio. I installed a Scorpio SR i900 on my 2016 SL last year and I'm happy with it. It has perimeter and the install was very easy.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The Polaris alarm is a Scorpio. I installed a Scorpio SR i900 on my 2016 SL last year and I'm happy with it. It has perimeter and the install was very easy.
Cost, as compared to the Polaris offering?

Nevermind, looked it up. There is also the i800 which has a lot of the features needed, and the perimeter sensor can be added for not much money. Good reviews.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Scorpio SRi900R has the proximity sensor with it for about $439. If the Polaris one is a Scorpio then I can get it for $400 and it would be plug and play. Factory unit is looking better all the time.

LC

·
Hold my beer and watch this!
1,319 Posts
It is plug and play if you have the factory stereo. You will have to dismantle parts of your Slingshot though. The dash behind the steering wheel has to be opened to run wires and connectors to the ignition. You'll have to partially remove the factory head unit to run wires and connectors for power and hazards. Also to install the brain and sensors.

If you do not have the factory stereo then you just have to swap out the power connectors supplied with the alarm with 3 pin power connectors that match the base unit tucked behind the cubby.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Wraith. I do have the SL so the factory piece of crap they call a radio is in place. I take you say the dash behind the steering wheel your referring to the upper and lower steering column. I have had the head unit out so many time it starts to unscrew itself every time I go near it with tools in my hand.
Taking DW into get her ta tas squeezed today and that is close to my polaris dealer so I might use my $50 coupon and go get it. If I do I will do a write up on installing I think.

LC

·
Hold my beer and watch this!
1,319 Posts
Thanks Wraith. I do have the SL so the factory piece of crap they call a radio is in place. I take you say the dash behind the steering wheel your referring to the upper and lower steering column. I have had the head unit out so many time it starts to unscrew itself every time I go near it with tools in my hand.
Taking DW into get her ta tas squeezed today and that is close to my polaris dealer so I might use my $50 coupon and go get it. If I do I will do a write up on installing I think.

LC
You got it brother. The two halves of the steering column. The most difficult part (time consuming) of the whole install is setting the sensitivity of the perimeter sensor. The alarm itself is a rather easy installation.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Wraith I have lots of time, I'm retired. I can fiddle with it til it works correctly, or shoot it, maybe take it back, we will see.

LC

1 - 20 of 41 Posts