Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of dealers are getting Polaris branded stuff now - has anyone received the Polaris helmet and, if so, would you be so kind as to post a review?

Or - if it is a re-branded helmet (which I am sure it is) can someone point me to who manufactures the non-branded one?

·
Registered
796 Posts
The helmet has the patented Slingshot 3-sided insignia all over it... the vent openings, etc. so it will have a unique appearance and be exclusive. If you find the original helmet maker, it won't look the same as the Slingshot version.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the insignia is a sticker on the back but the rest does look unique (haven't found a match like the Kenda tires have). A dealer posted that his accessories arrived today so I was just hoping someone would throw it on a give a quick review.

I am at the point I have to sh&t or get off the pot about buying a helmet. Lord knows the SS will be here any day now along with my unicorn order - it requires a helmet too. :(

·
Registered
266 Posts
ANYBODY TRY TO BUY STUFF OFF THE POLARIS WEBSITE I CAN'T.TRIED TO ORDER THE JACKET AND COULD NOT LOG ON TO PAY FOR THE JACKET.AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ANYBODY TRY TO BUY STUFF OFF THE POLARIS WEBSITE I CAN'T.TRIED TO ORDER THE JACKET AND COULD NOT LOG ON TO PAY FOR THE JACKET.AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG.
I would suggest calling your dealer and see if they have them in. Another dealer posted that the accessories started showing up today. They can also order it for you as well. The price won't be any different since there is no price break by ordering online.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Personally, wearing a helmet in a vehicle like the slingshot doesn't seem to be a head-protection issue as much as an eye-protection one, so I don't feel any real need to buy a manufacturer-offered helmet. Of course, I tend to buy lower-priced helmets on the basis that as long as the helmet meets the relevant safety standards, the only reason to pay more is how much comfort do I want? Wearing a seatbelt, I want my helmet to provide eye-protection, so I'm going with an open-face helmet with flip-up shield which will let me take a drink w/o hassling much w/my helmet.

·
You could've had a V8
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Personally, wearing a helmet in a vehicle like the slingshot doesn't seem to be a head-protection issue as much as an eye-protection one, so I don't feel any real need to buy a manufacturer-offered helmet. Of course, I tend to buy lower-priced helmets on the basis that as long as the helmet meets the relevant safety standards, the only reason to pay more is how much comfort do I want? Wearing a seatbelt, I want my helmet to provide eye-protection, so I'm going with an open-face helmet with flip-up shield which will let me take a drink w/o hassling much w/my helmet.
This is exactly why I was looking for the review. In the colder months (here in VA) I would like a full face to keep the wind out (vs. open/flip) and since the SS one is a fairly inexpensive carbon fiber model I was curious about fit/weight/ariflow/etc. Having lived in Texas for 17 years, I probably wouldn't go with a full face either - need something to let the sweat out.

It kinda irks me that we have to wear a helmet in the SS too as I don't think it gives much value. I will have the double bubble windshield...er...windscreen so a little more face protection will probably be necessary.

·
Registered
792 Posts
This is exactly why I was looking for the review. In the colder months (here in VA) I would like a full face to keep the wind out (vs. open/flip) and since the SS one is a fairly inexpensive carbon fiber model I was curious about fit/weight/ariflow/etc. Having lived in Texas for 17 years, I probably wouldn't go with a full face either - need something to let the sweat out.

It kinda irks me that we have to wear a helmet in the SS too as I don't think it gives much value. I will have the double bubble windshield...er...windscreen so a little more face protection will probably be necessary.
Inexpensive??? The dealer here is asking $499!

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Tango, Off-topic, but what part of Northern VA are you in?
I used to like to ride VA 610 from Independent Hill to Triangle/I-95 and back. It's only a few miles, but has some nice dips and turns. Also VA 688 from I-66 down to US 211. Nice ride thru farm land. If you are in Fairfax County and don't mind the traffic, try Clifton Rd from Ox Rd over toward Clifton, VA, turning left on Henderson Rd to Old Yates Ford Rd across Bull Run to left on Davis Ford Rd. At the Prince William County Pkwy, Davis Ford Rd becomes Hoadly Rd. At VA 234, turn left and proceed to a right turn towards Independent Hill to take VA 619 to Triangle. Hoadly Rd is rather straight and boring, but the others aren't too bad, depending on traffic.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thanks Kip
Can already hear the wife. Honey who's Kip and what is this $1500.00 change on the card.
Well you see babe he's a friend who just happens to be a business owner.
He has some rad products for our Slingshot plus there 10% off and another cool thing and this is so totally Awesome. Shipping is free.
Yes honey is there anything else we need.:):D

·
Registered
163 Posts
I know a lot of dealers are getting Polaris branded stuff now - has anyone received the Polaris helmet and, if so, would you be so kind as to post a review?

Or - if it is a re-branded helmet (which I am sure it is) can someone point me to who manufactures the non-branded one?
Tango- I got a look at these earlier this week, at the dealer. Yes, they are super light weight. The vent on the chin bar is open permanently, and seems to filter out vents on the sides of the chin bar. The chin vents do form the SS emblem, and have screen mesh over them. This was the area I thought looked a little cheap. On the inside of the chin bar there is a liner piece, behind the screen vent. As mentioned, this liner looks like it deflects most of the air around and out the sides. No seals there, so probable vents some air behind the visor. It has a removable chin cuff. The vent on top has an open and close lever on top. 2 exhaust vents on the top rear face up, and I covered in the same screen. They look like they may catch some water, if riding in the rain. It was very comfortable. They look pretty cool, a little bit bigger, alien head looking in person. The carbon fiber, with the visor looked really slick.

I really wanted to look at these in person before making a decision. Still not sure. I have a Shark Evoline 3ST coming in the mail. It is close to the same price. Once it arrives, I'll make a decision.

Not a full on review, but I hope this helps you with a little info.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Thanks Kip
Can already hear the wife. Honey who's Kip and what is this $1500.00 change on the card.
Well you see babe he's a friend who just happens to be a business owner.
He has some rad products for our Slingshot plus there 10% off and another cool thing and this is so totally Awesome. Shipping is free.
Yes honey is there anything else we need.:):D
Boss: Who is BatSlinger?
Me: Only our most favorite customer. ;)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts