Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of my 2016.5 Slingshots are coming out of warranty later this month. I recently bought a Polaris 5 year (3 year extension) extended warranty from Freedom Powersports in McKinney, Texas and got a heck of a deal at $895.

I asked Jay in their F&I department if he would extend the same price to other Slingshot owners, and he said YES! In case you're wondering, I receive nothing if you take advantage of this offer, other than a smile and hearty handshake when I go in to purchase parts or get service.

It's so easy... Just call Jay at 972.362.6813. Tell him I told you about the $895 price and you want the same deal. No codes, no links, no BS. He'll take your payment info by phone, so it doesn't matter where in CONUS you are located. You'll have to ask about AK, HI, or Canada, if you live in one of those areas. You'll need your VIN and mileage when you call.

As far as I know, McKinney is the only Freedom Powersports location (of their 12 or so stores) that's offering this price.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very good price. I bought the 3 yr extended sometime ago from my dealer @ $900.00 all the dealers can discount the price, some will!
This is the 5 year Polaris plan, which extends for 3 years beyond factory warranty.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure he knew this, the plan extends the standard 2 year factory warranty to a total of 5 years so you are both talking about the same time frame :)
I wasn't willing to make that assumption.

He said he bought a "3 yr extended" plan. That plan extends the two-year factory warranty by one additional year. I took his post at face value and did not make any assumptions. If you know @EjFord and know which plan he bought, then I will defer.

Either way, my only interest in this thread is to lead interested parties to a deal on a Polaris extended warranty. They can use this information to purchase at a discount from my local dealer, or to use it as a bargaining chip with their own local dealer.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wasn't trying to argue with you or anything and your are right, I probably shouldn't assume but I doubt somebody would pay $900 to extend a warranty one year so I am going to go with my original thought. But, yes thank you for posting the information as it will definitely help other new buyers negotiate with their dealer if that dealer wants the extra money they make from selling the extended warranty. Peace :)

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
I wasn't willing to make that assumption.

He said he bought a "3 yr extended" plan. That plan extends the two-year factory warranty by one additional year. I took his post at face value and did not make any assumptions. If you know @EjFord and know which plan he bought, then I will defer.

Either way, my only interest in this thread is to lead interested parties to a deal on a Polaris extended warranty. They can use this information to purchase at a discount from my local dealer, or to use it as a bargaining chip with their own local dealer.
I knew exactly what I was getting with the extended (3yr) for a total of 5 years. My dealer Nielsen's, Lake Villa, IL is super (techs & service dept) go out of there way to do things correctly and get stuff covered that should be & more.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew exactly what I was getting with the extended (3yr) for a total of 5 years. My dealer Nielsen's, Lake Villa, IL is super (techs & service dept) go out of there way to do things correctly and get stuff covered that should be & more.
Awesome! I figured that you did, but did not want to assume beyond what you typed. Sounds like you got a great deal, too, in addition to a great service department!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wasn't trying to argue with you or anything and your are right, I probably shouldn't assume but I doubt somebody would pay $900 to extend a warranty one year so I am going to go with my original thought. But, yes thank you for posting the information as it will definitely help other new buyers negotiate with their dealer if that dealer wants the extra money they make from selling the extended warranty. Peace :)
We're good. My thoughts were the same as yours, I just didn't post without knowing for sure. All good intentions.

Reactions: pgenna and EjFord

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
What you have is a two yr warranty and a three yr service contract. There is a difference in the fine print that allows a service contract to decline service by virtue of any added, non Polaris mods, and service contracts are not protected under the Magnuson-Moss Act.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What you have is a two yr warranty and a three yr service contract. There is a difference in the fine print that allows a service contract to decline service by virtue of any added, non Polaris mods, and service contracts are not protected under the Magnuson-Moss Act.
That makes sense. I have the contract and will be some good reading whilst I recover from Friday's upcoming surgery. LoL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts